Do 'cones interfere with deep conditioning???

JenJen2721

Do \'cones interfere with deep conditioning???

I've noticed that a lot of people's preferred conditioners for deep conditioning don't contain 'cones and also in L'anza's Dry Hair line, their Moisture Treatment and Detangler are separate. One other observation I made when I was reading another thread, was some people said certain conditioners don't work well when left on for an extended period of time. I'm thinking it's because they contain cones. Finally, 'cones are added to products for slip and detangling and coat the strands, so wouldn't that coating interfere with a products ability to be absorbed into the strand?

Maybe I'm thinking too hard today. What do you guys think?

BrEE

Re: Do \'cones interfere with deep conditioning???

i've heard that as well. that cones coat/seal the hair so once you add a moisturizer on top of it ,it wont penetrate.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Well, here's a good example. Motions Moisture Silk Protein conditioner has cones in it, but I can definitely tell that my hair is stronger after I've used it so I believe that the conditioners with cones in them (the quality ones) are formulated so that the functional ingredients will do what they are supposed to do without the cones locking them out--and that the cones will do the sealing and provide the manageability that they are supposed to.

JenJen2721

Thanks Bree and Supergirl..

SG, do you think it matters where 'cones are on the ingredient list, then? Are cones pretty high on the ingredients list in the Motions Silk Protein?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Hmmm...I'll have to check when I get home. I bet it does matter where the cones are on the list but you know how really shiny, glossy conditioners are the ones with cones (keracare humecto, motions moisture plus, motions silk protein)--I think they do have the cones pretty high on the list.

Even my fabuloso Deep Brilliance has cones in it and it still gets the job done.