Help Wig & Weave Wearers!

tt8

I am so piffed. I just bought this rediculously priced wig and now it is a matted mess after wearing for no more than 5 days. I brush it and it lays flat and then ou the blue, birds nest. The only product I have on it is hair spray. Is there anything I can do to save it?

ChocalateDiva

Have you tried washing it and conditioning it? Treat it like it your own damaged hair. I have brought weaves and wigs back to life with a shampoo and conditioning.

HTH

hothair

:yep:co-signing on what ChocolateDiva said... if you're feeling frustrated wait until you're calm, cause you may have to work through some tangles - you may want to start with a clarifying shampoo, the hair may have not liked the hairspray- then douse with a conditioner with loads of slip then get to work with a wide tooth comb HTH

cicilypayne

Do a search for ACV rinses or dips I hear it can really save bad weave hair and restore softness to wigs. Also the dominican conditioner silicon mix is a lifesaver but I think it works best if your not to tangled and you may have to use it every few days. Look for info. on the ACV its the most Potent thing I can think of...:perplexed And I'm so sorry this happened

tt8

Thank you all so much... I am gonna work it out today and let yall know how it turns out.

Luvmylife

Hi tt8!

Is your wig human or synthetic? A great spray that helped me with tangles is Hair Vite Tangle Free Wig Conditioner, especially if your wig is curly. Running through it every night with a wig brush helps too (...on straight wigs...curly ones I use a wide toothed comb...) If you don't care about length, trimming synthetic wigs regularly seems to help deal with the tangles.

Also..for me, sleeping in wigs is a no-no.

HTH!

carrie

if its human, try silicon mix. Mine love it. If its synthetic, try rinsing it with liquid fabric softener.

ajoyfuljoy

Also try some Motions Foaming set lotion. I use it on all my fake hair. I've had one phony pony since the beginning of this year, worn it probably like 70 times and it still looks like new.

After you wash the hair and it is wet, squirt some foam into your hand and distribute it throughout the hair. It will be like new.

NaturalJoy

I agree with the other recommendations. Also for daily maintenance and tangle prevention/ detangling try using a wig sheen. It's like oil sheen but doesn't cause a build up.

glamazon386

There's a mousse you can get called Wet n Wavy mousse that'll make the curls come back whether it's human or synthetic. Just put it on and scrunch the hair.

tt8

Hi tt8!

Is your wig human or synthetic? A great spray that helped me with tangles is Hair Vite Tangle Free Wig Conditioner, especially if your wig is curly. Running through it every night with a wig brush helps too (...on straight wigs...curly ones I use a wide toothed comb...) If you don't care about length, trimming synthetic wigs regularly seems to help deal with the tangles.

Also..for me, sleeping in wigs is a no-n
HTH!

Its a human wig. So what are the exact steps I need to do. Wash first with clarifyer then spray the wig? Sorry I'm new to this...Thanks alot

tt8

Thanks ladies. I used clarifying shampoo and conditioner and viola its back in business.