Help with Aveda DR Line

Nikki253

I have heard so many good things about the Aveda DR line that I went out and bought the poo/cond./and reconstructor. I have a few questions:

1. I don't particularly like using shampoos, and I plan on using this one maybe once per month.....would that be ok, has anyone else done it??

2. I would like to know what order DO YOU use these products in? Does anyone use the reconstr. 1st, shampoo, then conditioner?

3. Has anyone conditioner washed primarily and used the reconstructor for dc?

4. I like adding olive and advocado oils to my co-washes, has anyone tried this?

Pretty new to the forum...would love any help I could get :)

The one bit of advice I will give about using our beloved Aveda is - use it as directed and tweek (if necess.) later. Don't change the order of poo, condish and recon.. This way you can get the full effect of the product and find out what works and what doesn't.

I've never done any of the things you're questioning, but maybe other ladies will chime in when their Aveda bell goes off:)

Yep. I agree with J. And she has the gorgeous locks to prove it. Keep it simple. Follow the directions to get the full benefits: wash. condition. reconstruct.

And most of all...do keep us posted. ;)

One question though, do you ladies use this system every week or alternate it with another conditioning treatment?

Serenity_Peace said:
Yep. I agree with J. And she has the gorgeous locks to prove it. Keep it simple. Follow the directions to get the full benefits: wash. condition. reconstruct.

And most of all...do keep us posted. ;)

ITA! I suggest using as directed. Try not to add extra stuff right out the gate.
I recently purchased the SI line so I will be rotating between the 2.
HTH

Renaylor said:
One question though, do you ladies use this system every week or alternate it with another conditioning treatment?
I use mine as the other ladies said 1x a week (shampoo, conditioner & treatment) then I co wash in the middle of the week using Lustrasilk shea butter, and my hair is loving this. HTH

hothair said:
I use mine as the other ladies said 1x a week (shampoo, conditioner & treatment) then I co wash in the middle of the week using Lustrasilk shea butter, and my hair is loving this. HTH

Thank you ladies for all of your help!!!:) So hh, you use a different conditioner in the middle of the week for co-washes? I think I am going to do that too!

i dont use the whole line. i mix my aveda lines with the exception of S.I.
the DR intensive i mix with brilliant conditioner. my hair doesnt like protein and although it isnt an intense protein i just like mixing it. i have used it as a prepoo and it worked beautifully! :D
i only us the DR intensive about once a month or so, definitely not weekly for me:)

Back