Help with Kelp

kally

After seeing the amazing results the ladies on here are having using kelp/seaweed/and sea veggies, it has inspired me to try it.

The question I have is this. I did a search on-line and it seems that they are all one in the same. Kelp is a form of seaweed which is a sea veggie. However on the threads on here I see that people have them all listed seperatly.

It is one in the same are all they all different? Also is the pill form just as potent as the powder or dried leaf form?

Isis

Kelp is not the same as other sea veggies. Kelp has the highest iodine count. Years ago, I admired an Asian woman's hair (she owned a health store) and asked what she did to have such beautiful hair. She said she takes kelp every day. I researched it and learned it was the iodine (not the medicinal kind) of the kelp that beautifies hair and aids in hair growth.

Kelp tablets are very inexpensive and the bulk powder is even less expensive. Kelp also is good for weight loss. Just make sure you don't have thyroid problems and if you do, it's best to ask your doctor first.

BrooklynSouth

Vwvixen, My DH was a Navy pilot and he just loves your wedding photo!!!
Anyway, back to topic. I bought kelp powder from Herbalcom.com but have not used it as yet. I made a mix of kelp powder and nettle to use as a rinse, probably will use it on Sunday. I've used JASONS sea kelp shampoo and it is a keeper, the conditioner was not as promising so decided to make my own kelp concoction. I feel sea vegetables are a great addition to my salads and my hair! The difference, really do not know. Check Wikipedia.

kally

Isis said:
Kelp is not the same as other sea veggies. Kelp has the highest iodine count. Years ago, I admired an Asian woman's hair (she owned a health store) and asked what she did to have such beautiful hair. She said she takes kelp every day. I researched it and learned it was the iodine (not the medicinal kind) of the kelp that beautifies hair and aids in hair growth.

Kelp tablets are very inexpensive and the bulk powder is even less expensive. Kelp also is good for weight loss. Just make sure you don't have thyroid problems and if you do, it's best to ask your doctor first.

Thanks Isis. Yesterday I was at a Organic store and they had the tablets on sale for 5.99. So I picked up one. I did a research and discovered that kelp is really good for alot of things.

Isis

kally said:
Thanks Isis. Yesterday I was at a Organic store and they had the tablets on sale for 5.99. So I picked up one. I did a research and discovered that kelp is really good for alot of things.
You're welcome Kally, glad you did get some! :up:

kally

Yeah I picked up some. I can not wait to start on them. i got mine from Cincinnati's Organic foods for 5.99.

Hair Iam

Hi, I buy kelp fresh. I use in soups, dried, salads, with fish stir fried lightly. I pre soak over night, pour off water then use. It is also and antioxidant helps to purify the blood. Great for hair, nails, skin, blood circulation. I used it regularly for a year once; I had the best completion ever. I just purchased some this past weekend; I'm bringing it back into my diet.

InnerSoul

Isis said:

OT: Isis your fotki album hair picts are absolutely beautiful. You have nice thick strands!! :)

BrooklynSouth

VW, You are welcome.
Used my kelp, nettle concoction as a wash-out rinse { I freeze it to retain freshness}.
Slightly fishy scent but the results were soft and silky hair. I found during the day that I could wet my hands and slick back my hair refreshing the shine and moisture. Kelp/nettle is a keeper.