Henna experts, please give advice

coolsista-paris

Ive found a great mixture that really get my hair beautiful !!!!!

The thing is, what is better:

Do you first wash your hair, then put henna, and wash again?

or is it ok to just wet hair, put henna, then wash as usual?

I don't remember what i did last time (i think i didnt wash at first as i mixed with amla powder that cleans hair).

The mixture was: henna, amla powder, eggs, olive oil and normally essential oils (im pregnant now so not using essential oils).

I wanna do this now (its 11 am in Paris).and then tomorrow or late this evening proceed to straightening with an iron.

thanks in advance ladies

Hi again, ive just realized that of course i may not get an answer direclty (time difference) you are all mostly sleeping. Sorry.

Well, i have the henna on my head right now but i'd still like some answers to see how you proceed.

Thanks

i dont use henna i use cassia, but usually i just wet my hair first, then apply and let it sit on my hair overnight, then wash or co-wash it out the next day

well you don't have to shampoo after you can just cowash it out then DC. I shampoo before I do mine with Giovanni or Shea moisture but a lot of people either rinse or cowash before they apply. You can even just mist your hair with water and apply it that way.

I Always CoWash Hair First:
Apply Henna
Wrap In Saran Wrap
Rinse for a Zillion Years First with Clear Water
CoWash w/a Cheapie i.e. VO5, Suave Tropical Coconut etc.....
THEN
I Indigo
Repeat Wash Out Process
THEN
Steam with Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

I've never had Dry Hair Nor Henna Still Rinsing Out 2-3 Weeks Later.:nono:

I Always CoWash Hair First:
Apply Henna
Wrap In Saran Wrap
Rinse for a Zillion Years First with Clear Water
CoWash w/a Cheapie i.e. VO5, Suave Tropical Coconut etc.....
THEN
I Indigo
Repeat Wash Out Process
THEN
Steam with Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

I've never had Dry Hair Nor Henna Still Rinsing Out 2-3 Weeks Later.:nono:

Me neither. I don't rinse for years :) but I make sure the water runs clear.

I apply the henna to dry hair.

I water rinse very well
apply henna
rinse until clear
use cheapie conditioner to cowash a few times
DC

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of adding egg and oil to your henna mix? Unless your hair gets hard after using henna, I would think you could skip the oil to make it more potent and the egg would not be necessary. The egg and oil could make a different strengthening treatment for between henna applications. I think the eo's may be unnecessary as well, and would be better served added to your leave in or DC.

I water rinse very well
apply henna
rinse until clear
use cheapie conditioner to cowash a few times
DC

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of adding egg and oil to your henna mix? Unless your hair gets hard after using henna, I would think you could skip the oil to make it more potent and the egg would not be necessary. The egg and oil could make a different strengthening treatment for between henna applications. I think the eo's may be unnecessary as well, and would be better served added to your leave in or DC.

I know I use to use egg to make my henna treatments more protein rich than they already are. I don't anymore as I like eating my eggs as opposed to using them in concoctions. I use oil and conditioner in my mix as my hair prefers my henna mix as a henna gloss then straight up concentrated. Essential oils I never used but for those not caring for the smell they're a good solution and some EO's have pretty good properties that intensify once you marinade it as one does with henna treatments.

^^^ I was asking because I like to take the simplest approach to things. I view a henna gloss differently than a straight henna treatment, so I was just curious if she'd seen any great benefit to adding the extras to her henna mixture. When I first started using henna, I thought I needed to add stuff to it, but now I realize that for me, henna is best kept simple.

Here are my steps:

Pre oil hair with coconut oil or grapeseed oil

Apply henna to dry hair

Rinse out

Co wash

Slather on DT and plastic cap

Rinse out and air dry

Bump!!!! Im planning on doing some henna on my hair. I have dc'd my hair with sum DPR and im looking to do my henna in a few days. Do i have to do a protein dc or a moisturising dc before or after? Im planning on doing a red henna does it matter? My hair is natural will it loosen my curl pattern? TIA

Bump!!!! Im planning on doing some henna on my hair. I have dc'd my hair with sum DPR and im looking to do my henna in a few days. Do i have to do a protein dc or a moisturising dc before or after? Im planning on doing a red henna does it matter? My hair is natural will it loosen my curl pattern? TIA

Nixx22jam

I would do a moisture DC for as long as possible or with heat as henna acts as a protein and leaves your hair feeling dry if not careful. I don't DC before henna. I clarify then apply. You can always just water rinse/cowash and apply as well or even do it on dry hair if it suits you. My hair hasn't loosened from henna and I've done it plenty of times. If you're worried about that adding some amla in it will help that not even be a factor.

Good luck on the henna.

Although I'm no expert on henna, I have done extensive research to prepare myself for my first treatment in a few days. I would not suggest a protein treatment because many ladies say it acts as a protein. It makes their hair soft yet very strong. So I believe a moisturizing DC would do you better afterwards. As for red henna...henna has a natural orange like tinge to it so unless your actual henna powder is red (in which case I advise you toss it and run), that's perfectly normal. If you don't want the color you can add a bit of cassia to it or do a henna gloss. Or do an indigo treatment right after the henna, which will give you darker hair (think sexy, so-black-it's-blue type hair lol). And not many people have said that henna loosens their curl pattern. As this is your first time, I seriously doubt that will happen but I wouldn't rule it out. Everyone doesn't respond to everything the same way. I hope that helps, even though I'm in the same boat as you :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back