Henna/Indigo pics

SelfStyled

Just wanted to share my henna pics with you all. Sorry I don't know how to post pictures yet, but you will find the pics in my fotki.

http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/henna/hennaandindigo001.html

I did a 50/50 Henna/Indigo mix. I mixed 2 tbs henna with Suave coconut conditioner, I let the color release over night. I then added hot water to 2 tbs of indigo let that sit for about 10 min and added the indigo/h20 mixture into the henna. Saran wrapped my head, and sat under the dryer for about an hour. Then went about the house for another 2 hours doing stuff. I rinsed the henna out with cholesterol and poo'd with CON. I LOVE the results. I wanted to darken my hair, because it had gotten really red this summer. The henna darkened the brassy parts, the best part is the few grays I had are now auburn. Overall I am very pleased and will definitely add henna into my regimen. Thanks to all the other ladies that have posted so much about henna, I would have never had the knowledge that henna IS safe for relaxed heads or courage if it wasn't for you all. The best tip I got was to strand test, I knew to add indigo because my strand test came out redder than I wanted.

BrooklynSouth

Looks good, looks as though you did a good trim too. Sunlight photos front length looks a little reddish but the body of your hair looks dark.

SelfStyled

Looks good, looks as though you did a good trim too. Sunlight photos front length looks a little reddish but the body of your hair looks dark.

I guess it'll be a few days before the color settles, right? It's almost black and red at the same time, but I am in love. I can't wait to see a few days from now.