Henna & Tex Hair?

God_Favor

Hi Ladies!

How long to I need to wait between a mild tex and a henna treatment? Which should i do 1st? Can I do both the same day??

BTW, 4 my tex i am going to try the curve silkener method with silk elements mixed w/ the nexus protein co, I am also going to apply protein to hair before I start. Any input?

TIA

Softresses

I do mine the same day without any difficulty. As long as you use BODY ART QUALITY Henna, and do strand tests to see how the henna works on your hair, with your texturizer there should not be a problem.

I collect shed hair in my removeable (above the drain) hair trap, and do harvest tests insted of strand tests, but either way please test it first.

Softresses

God_Favor

Softresses said:
I do mine the same day without any difficulty. As long as you use BODY ART QUALITY Henna, and do strand tests to see how the henna works on your hair, with your texturizer there should not be a problem.

I collect shed hair in my removeable (above the drain) hair trap, and do harvest tests insted of strand tests, but either way please test it first.

Softresses
Thanks!! Is the Alma powder brand boby art quality????

Softresses

Amla powder is a different thing that a lot of us add in for it's conditioning properties as well as it's acid content. Henna deposits itself in the hair shaft and makes the hair thicker, stronger, and more conditioned, the Amla is an added plus.

Here is some more info for you if you wish to read up on henna.

• Open this thread and do a search with in it about any questions you have about henna, you don't have to read the whole thread, I know it is crazy long. :lol: Poll: Do ya'll henna?
If you need any help or suggestions please feel free to ask. We have a lot of ladies on the board who love henna and would be glad to help.

Softresses

God_Favor

Softresses said:
Amla powder is a different thing that a lot of us add in for it's conditioning properties as well as it's acid content. Henna deposits itself in the hair shaft and makes the hair thicker, stronger, and more conditioned, the Amla is an added plus.

Here is some more info for you if you wish to read up on henna.

• Open this thread and do a search with in it about any questions you have about henna, you don't have to read the whole thread, I know it is crazy long. :lol: Poll: Do ya'll henna?
If you need any help or suggestions please feel free to ask. We have a lot of ladies on the board who love henna and would be glad to help.

Softresses
Thank you soooo much Softressess! I will start reading up ASAP. Advice coming from someone w/ your head of hair is worth millions!!!! Thanks Again!

Softresses

Aww, thanks for the complement GodFavor, please feel free to ask if you need anything. I sometimes miss posts because I travel a lot with work, but I always catch up on my pm messages when I get back. :)

Softresses

kitchen_tician

Make sure you check out Sareca's fotki as well. She has a question and answer section that's really good.

Actually, I just went to get the link, but her album is under construction. :ohwell: Hurry up Sareca! :grin: