Tex laxing

tbaby_8

I just recently tex lax my hair in December with Just for me Texturizer.:ohwell: Some areas (my edges) were straight. My hair became very dry. I started DCing my hair and that improved it. But I noticed recently that my edges have started to become frizzy. I am thinking about transitioning, but I am not ready to go completely natural, so I have been tex laxing. I like the look, but summer is coming.

This may sound silly, but do you all think I can just tex lax my edges only and leave the rest of my hair alone and let it grown out naturally? Have you heard or know of someone doing this and if so how did it work for them.:rolleyes:

Lynnerie

I just recently tex lax my hair in December with Just for me Texturizer.:ohwell: Some areas (my edges) were straight. My hair became very dry. I started DCing my hair and that improved it. But I noticed recently that my edges have started to become frizzy. I am thinking about transitioning, but I am not ready to go completely natural, so I have been tex laxing. I like the look, but summer is coming.

This may sound silly, but do you all think I can just tex lax my edges only and leave the rest of my hair alone and let it grown out naturally? Have you heard or know of someone doing this and if so how did it work for them.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but why would you want straight edges and the rest natural? I think that you will suffer more damage on your edges. I have heard of people relaxing their edges to blend their weaves but as your edges get longer they are going to be a totally different texture than the rest of your hair. If you consider going natural you can always use the scarf method to lay your edges down. There's no need to relax them.

tbaby_8

I have wavy hair even after I get a relaxer. I just let it hair dry and it waves up a little. I just wanted to know for the summer because the humidity were I live is off the chain.