Here's A Protective Style That I'm Wearing This Week...

divinefavor

I'm attempting to do the bun challenge, but don't really know how to do a bun exactly. So I've been wearing different protective styles. Here's a style that I've been wearing this week. I've been doing this style for years and never knew that it was a protective style. The front picture is a little blurry, but hopefully you can get an idea.

Here's the link, it's the first two pictures. No password required.

www.picturetrail.com/divinefavor

Anancy

That looks really nice, how did you do it? Because it also looks complicated. Im looking for other variations of protective styles because im just plain boring.

divinefavor

Anancy said:
That looks really nice, how did you do it? Because it also looks complicated. Im looking for other variations of protective styles because im just plain boring.

Thank you,

I first put a part in the middle and pull out a little bang (put a big roller on so not to have to tight of a bang). Then comb/brush the hair up in the back and secure that section with a bobby pin. So that you only have the two front sides of your hair hanging. I take a baby brush and brush the right section of hair to the back and secure that section with one or two bobby pins and secure that. I repeat the same process with the left side. Sometimes I may have hair sticking up and I secure that with bobby pins to try and get that bow looking effect in. I hope I'm making sense, I'll try and take pictures of each step later this week.

lexi08

I like the style, its really cute. I can't do protective styles at all. My styles always come out looking strange :look:

divinefavor

MzTami said:
Yes it looks good on you, I can't get my bangs to act right though.

Thank you! Today, I put a little conditioner on the ends sealed with oil mixture (jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and black castor oil), put a large roller on it for a little while so that it wouldn't curl to tight and voila!

divinefavor

nikki1971 said:
I like the style, its really cute. I can't do protective styles at all. My styles always come out looking strange :look:

Thank you!

This is about the only protective style I can do, aside from pulling it back in a pony tail. :lol:

keke

I'm doing protective styling. Well simple styling. I have found something i am going to stick with for a while. I am in twists now. I have seen 4 different albums of women who started off short but grew so much more hair over time by wearing their hair in just twists. So therefore that is what i am going to keep my hair in for a few months. Course, next month i plan on puttin in some yarn twists but after it i will still twist up and see how much growth i get. I'm gonna try to keep a good regimine of conditioner washing every week w/the twists in(hoping my hair dont get all tangled) and then taking them down once a month for a twist out and doing again. Trying to be at bra strap length by end of this year if not even sooner :^D

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
divinefavor said:
This is about the only protective style I can do, aside from pulling it back in a pony tail. :lol:

And you do it well!!! I really like it. :up: :up: What is it called?

Thanks for sharing the pics and instructions. I have to try this out. :grin:

divinefavor

victorious said:
And you do it well!!! I really like it. :up: :up: What is it called?

Thanks for sharing the pics and instructions. I have to try this out. :grin:

Thank you!!!! Girl, I have know clue what it is called, it's something I put together about 6 years ago when I was tired of my hair. It's been a lifesaver ever since, especially when I'm growing my hair out. It keeps me from having the urge to cut it to my normal layered bob.