PROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE 2011

Which styles you want to use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
PROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE 2010

I am growing my TWA out by doing daily protective styles. If anyone wants to join, please let me know. This will be a challenge where you can do any protective style you want. I'm doing this to keep my hands out of my hair and to get better acquainted to doing my own hair. I'm not the best at styling my hair, but by the end of the year, I hope to be.:lachen: My pics will be on fotki and here.:yep: I'm going to be doing protective styles for the rest of the year. Here's the beginning. I'd appreciate any advice on styling products also!

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

That's because I'm a novice at doing polls in a thread! :rolleyes::lachen: You can do that, if you want. My twists are getting better and I'm getting faster at doing them.:yep:

ms.blue

I'll join this challenge. I have pretty much been protective styling since going natural. I really don't have advice for a twa b/c I wore braids/weaves straight through 2008-2009. I only started wearing wigs b/c the braids & weaves were costing me too much money.

guudhair

I'll join...I'm in the bun challenge anyway...I'll do twistouts too

Last edited:

grow

i definitely need to keep my hands out of my hair, too!

so far, i'm enjoying my baggied bun experience.

i'm doing this alot right now because i'm working at stretching my relaxer to 4 months each time (instead of the usual 2 months i used to do).

however, let me say it now because i know this will happen: once i get that perm back in my ng, yes I WILL be wearing my hair down!
(only once to twice a week, though)

Ijanei

I have a hard time keeping my hands out....it's a struggle everyday not 2 run my fingers through it several times:sad: I NEED HELP!

Soulberry

I would love to join this challenge. I just cut 2 inches off 3 weeks ago and im trying for full APL by december:yep: I will be bunning my hair with cute accessories 5 days a week mon-fri and weekends will be ONLY for washing and deep conditioning for just length checks. Here is my bun I think i finally found a protective style with STYLE:lachen:

Attachments

• 000_0011.jpg
    000_0011.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 000_0013.jpg
    000_0013.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 27

DDTexlaxed

Yay! I did my first set of flat twists!:bouncy: My hair is growing because it is getting easier to grab hair to twist!:clap::yep: The left side is harder to twist than the right. I have a lot of fine tuning to work on.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

So is this for the rest of this year or an aticipatory roll call for next year?
It is until the end for me. Others can protective style for as long as they like. I am also enjoying the fact that I don't have to wet my hair everyday.:lachen:

Nubenap22

Ive been doing mine with braid extensions and currently in a weave right now...friggen miss my braids right now!!!

Soulberry

I have been wet bunning and using
MTG and JBCO and I am happy to report I am past APL!
I relaxed my hair today and I am 2 in. from BSL. I will be baggying until December:yep:

NikkiQ

oooh can I join????

I've been wearing protective styles for over a year now, but now that I'm a part of the LHCF family....I'm a lot more knowledgeable on how to treat hair while in PS. I've been rockin a LF wig lately. Today, I went a little crazy. I bought another LF, a phony pony, and a bun. :grin:

CrissieD

OOOh I wanna join. I P.S. all the time anyway. My style of choice is a bun or half up half down wrapped into sort of a long bun.

beauti4dlo

I would love to join, I'm sooo determined to grow my hair out by doing all the protective styles I want. Sure sometimes they get boring, but that's when I add flowers and other cute little things to add cuteness!!!!! Ahhhh super stoked about this!!!!

TLC1020

Since I cut my hair back in March b/c of a setback I'll join this challenge.. Right now I am in braids.. Not sure how I will wear it when I do my touch-up..