Hey 4a/4b's what gives silky soft airdry?

AnnDriena_

Hey 4a/4b\'s what gives silky soft airdry?

I remember only a couple of times I've liked my airdries. Now that I've seen what kind of shape my hair is truly in I will under an ear length hair cut and really banish my blowdryer to special occasions. I think the last time I really liked and air dry may have been using Matrix Sleek hair masque. A rinse out works best for me. I used to think only a leave in would work for my hair. I mean it's so nappy it's probably a 6a. But when I did one really good air dry it was with a rinse out products and everytime I use a leave in it doesn't do so well. What do you use for your airdry?

Re: Hey 4a/4b\'s what gives silky soft airdry?

I use coconut oil/olive oil and Infusium 23 leave-in. Salerm 21 works really well also as a leave-in.

today I used some profectiv breakfree, a little oil, and some loreal anti frizz, and it dried very nice, ESPECIALLY since Im like 9 weeks post relaxer!:)

Try Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave in Cream. Works like a charm for my 4a/4b hair when I air dry.

I use Profectiv breakfree, Redken heat glide, then when its semi dry, I add Profectiv healthy ends or jojoba oil.

i use carols daughter healthy hair butter and wild growth hair oil and it couldn't be silkier

I would have to say my hair is the silkiest when airdried and using Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or coconut oil. Any of these or a combo leaves hair SO silky and soft.

nexxus headdress or giovanni direct leave-in

Deep Brilliance products work wonders for my hair when I air dry. When I use the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in, my hair always comes out silky and soft. I'm not sure of the exact names because I'm at work but the products work great.

Salerm 21 is nice. I airdried nicely using that and a little bit of NTM healing shine serum. NTM silk touch is also nice. I learned recently that if you want a silky soft and light airdry, go easy on the oils while the hair is wet. I was putting coconut oil (which I
love.gif
) on wet hair and I stopped liking the effect. Last night after a co wash, I skipped the oil and just used the leave-ins, as an experiment, and I loved the results. I used my coconut oil on my already airdried hair. I am still going to use my oil on wet hair sometimes, but I won't be so heavy-handed with it next time. My hair is so soft today, but not heavy. Nice! Also, I learned that my hair airdries straighter/flatter after I tie it down when I don't use oil on my wet hair. Since I wear my hair in a bun, it is very important for me to not have my hair poofy!

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
Salerm 21 is nice. I airdried nicely using that and a little bit of NTM healing shine serum. NTM silk touch is also nice. I learned recently that if you want a silky soft and light airdry, go easy on the oils while the hair is wet. I was putting coconut oil (which I
love.gif
) on wet hair and I stopped liking the effect. Last night after a co wash, I skipped the oil and just used the leave-ins, as an experiment, and I loved the results. I used my coconut oil on my already airdried hair. I am still going to use my oil on wet hair sometimes, but I won't be so heavy-handed with it next time. My hair is so soft today, but not heavy. Nice! Also, I learned that my hair airdries straighter/flatter after I tie it down when I don't use oil on my wet hair. Since I wear my hair in a bun, it is very important for me to not have my hair poofy!

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! I agree completely. I don't use oils AT ALL to set my wet hair -- just the leave in and then even that I use sparingly. I add a drop or two of oil AFTER my hair is completely dry for shine and to seal in moisture.

I air dried my freshly relaxed hair last night. I used castor, coconut, and jojoba oils to my Mizani leave in while the hair was damp and then a shea butter concotion of jojoba oil, coconut oil, and Mizani H2o overnight. I used a lighter touch with the butters and oils than I usually do, and it works.

I have salerm and I'm still trying to see what the big deal is. It is so oily. I diluted it very well with water and I still didn't like it. I'll try it again. But I think I do better with rinse outs. Does anyone have any rinse out suggestions. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I use Salerm 21 leave in or Lacio Lacio on my hair to airdry then apply coconut oil and use Profectiv Healthy ends on my end to protect them.

My hair airdried beautifully today. I did a CW with Jason's Sea Kelp (I think the effectiveness of your regular conditioner does contribute greatly to your airdrying success, by the way). I sprayed my wet hair with Aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in. I'm really loving this stuff lately. When I first got it I thought it was just okay, but for some reason my hair has taken a liking to it recently. Then I detangled and let my hair dry loose. Once my hair was just about dry (the roots were still a little damp--lots of newgrowth), I sprayed my hair lightly with s-curl to moisturize. After that had soaked in I finished off with a teensy bit of hot 6 oil. I put my hair in 8 random twists afterwards to keep it from tangling. I still have them in, as I'm just sitting around the house.

My newgrowth is soft and moisturized, and the relaxed hair is so smooth and silky you would think I blowdried it or something.

It's all about using a light touch with whatever products you use
smile.gif

dew by cathy howse is great for air dries. you get really soft hair

I love Nexxus Headress or Biolage leave-in hair tonic.

Giovanni Direct leave-in, Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, Nexxus Humectress, Suave Awapuhi, Rosemary Oil, Castor Oil, and Infusium 23 leave-in.

I usually steam condition my hair with lekairs and shea butter. Then I rinse it out with water or shampoo my hair....instant softness.

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
love.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ITA
smile.gif

4 the past 2 1/2 weeks I've been doing CW's and adding an oil mixture to my hair at the end ofwhatever products I put in my hair. That has helped greatly in keeping the moisture in my hair.

in a bottle I've mixed:
Castor oil
avocado seven oil **( has safflowe,sesame,peanut,sunflower, olive and wheat germ oil

sweet almond
rosemary
cinnamon
coconut
Apricot

this is really nice for airdring...locks in moisture and leaveins for me. is not greasy either...I use a little and it goes a long way. applied everyother day

Back