Hey Bentonite Clay users PLZ Help!!!

Hey Bentonite Clay users, can you use coconut milk in your bc mixure? I'm asking b/c I know that BC is generally used to clarify the hair, but it's been so long since I've used it. I don't want it to dry my hair out!!! I'd rather ask before setting myself up for something ugly. I'm thinking that that the coconut milk will help to zap some moisture into the mix.

If you don't use coconut milk, what else do you use in your bentonite clay mixture? Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions that you might be able to provide :)

jamaica68

I've never used coconut milk with my mixture but I have added olive oil then applied the clay to damp hair.

Pompous Blue

I've never mixed anything with my bentonite clay other than distilled water. I mix it using a hand-held immersion blender. It comes out light and gel-like. I apply it and massage it in for about a minute; then rinse out.

I've never used coconut milk with my mixture but I have added olive oil then applied the clay to damp hair.
How long do you let it stay on?

Keeping my eye on this thread for other ideas.

jamaica68

I've never mixed anything with my bentonite clay other than distilled water. I mix it using a hand-held immersion blender. It comes out light and gel-like. I apply it and massage it in for about a minute; then rinse out.

How long do you let it stay on?

Keeping my eye on this thread for other ideas.

45 mins - 1 hour

Hey Ladies, thank you for your replies!!! How does your hair feel after you've used it? It doesn't feel dry does it? It's been so long since I've used it, but I do remember that it was a little difficult to wash out.

@ Pompous Blue: I do like the idea of whipping it up into a gel like mixture!

Pompous Blue

It doesn't feel dry when I rinse it out. My hair feels moist and clean.

The 1st time I used it, I used a whisk to blend it. It did not mix as well as I wanted it to and was difficult to apply and rinse out. But it did not leave my hair dry.

So I got the idea to use my immersion blender, discovered it would gel up and that I did not have to use as much as I previously had. My ratio is 2 tablespoons of BC to 1 cup of water. Mix for 5-10 seconds and it's ready to be used. You can use warm, hot or cold water. Works the same.