High lights question????????????????

Halimah

Hi ladies
I want to get brown highlights not blonde or anything just a light brown will this damage my hair meaning break off if I get them?

wheezy807

Wel.....................i wouldn't recommend getting them. I got some i think year before last and alot of my uneven strands (breakage) are due to it. I've heard that if you supposity take really good care (moisturize and dc)of them, you won't get any breakage. Personally those chemicals (peroxide and ammonia) were too harsh and dried out my hair. Although i have retain aot of my highlighted strands, i would never ever get them again or recommed them. The color is soooo beautiful but it's not worth the outcome. IMHO.

Last edited:

knottyaaverage

i dont advocate highlights at all if ur beginning or in the middle of ur journey. but mcelwee-wifey has a baking soda formula that she used that gave her some pretty groovy honey highlights. maybe u could check with her and her fotki for advice.

Halimah

Thanks ladies
but I just found a website that shows you how to mix henna and indigo together in certain percentages to get the colors you want. I AM SOOOOO EXCITED this is a very safe way I will post pics soon.

chocolate01

Personally I have highlights and I have not had a problem so far. I have had mine since last august. I am actually thinking about taking the plunge and coloring my entire head this summer. Color is just like heat, relaxers, hair products etc. what works for some may not work for all. Just because I have not had a problem doesn't mean that you won't have a problem either. On the other hand just because someone has had an issuse with highlightes doesn't mean that you will to.

frizzy

I was thinking about trying high-lights with one application of that Clairol luminizer stuff.

There is a member here (don't know her name) who uses this stuff and her hair is sparkling, healthy looking and gorgeous. She's been using the clear luminizer for years, so the majority of her hair is blond, but one or two (high-light) applications would gradually lighten the natural color with the help of the sun. HTH

Halimah

I knew someone who used the luminizer and it was actually nice she had her whole head a really light brown and matter fact I got highlights w/that a lonnnnnnnng time ago I forgot about that :spinning:.

frizzy

See, now I really want to try it since you had good results, too. Let us know what you do.

And take before and after pictures!