Highlight Regret

nesha24

Hi ladies! I know this topic has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find anything about a few things that are specific to me.

About 3 months ago, I got partial semi permanent highlights in my virgin hair. Before that time, I had never had any color, chemical, relaxer or anything in my hair. My hair was in pretty good shape and I went to a stylist that had been doing my hair for a while.

The color took out a lot of my curl pattern. Pretty much anywhere there is color is now straight. Before my hair very defined curl. I'm not sure what type it is.

My hair still has length, but now it's much thinner and I really don't know how to:

1. Take care of color treated hair
2. Get rid of the highlights without cutting off all of my hair
3. Get my curl pattern pack

I'm so frustrated and although I don't hate the highlights, if I would have known this would happen, I wouldn't have gotten them.

vevster

I had a bad experience with color recently too. I make sure I deep condition weekly with protein.

Sent from my iPad Air using LHCF

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Hi! I'm a licensed stylist and colorist, so let me share with you a few things.

1. Highlights are permanent. Highlights require bleaching and the hair can't be unbleached, kwim. I don't care what the lady told you. She likely may not know herself. Many stylists don't kniw much about color and will not openly admit it.

2. Bleach raises the cuticle of the hair to destroy the color molecules. During this process, some of the curl bonds will be broken. Also, since the cuticle has been raised, it will dry out faster. You're going to have to up your game on moisture and sealing. I recommend moisturizing and sealing every night. Remember, dry hair splits and breaks very easily, so you really have to be diligent if you don't want breakage.

3. The only way to reverse it is to cut it off.

I hope this helped.

nesha24

Hi! I'm a licensed stylist and colorist, so let me share with you a few things.

1. Highlights are permanent. Highlights require bleaching and the hair can't be unbleached, kwim. I don't care what the lady told you. She likely may not know herself. Many stylists don't kniw much about color and will not openly admit it.

2. Bleach raises the cuticle of the hair to destroy the color molecules. During this process, some of the curl bonds will be broken. Also, since the cuticle has been raised, it will dry out faster. You're going to have to up your game on moisture and sealing. I recommend moisturizing and sealing every night. Remember, dry hair splits and breaks very easily, so you really have to be diligent if you don't want breakage.

3. The only way to reverse it is to cut it off.

I hope this helped.
Thank you so much for this! Is it ok if I pm you?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sealing is a way of trapping the moisture into your strands. Most people seal with oils or butters. My favorite oils to seal with are argan and evoo.