HIT or MISS product list for APRIL '05

cocopuff

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Big Hits::up::up:

Asha's sun kissed hair pomade
Asha's silk rose elixir leave-in conditioner
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild honey hair soy milk[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild Sophia's old fashioned hair grease[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild honeylove moisturizer (sample)[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild herbal hair cocktail (sample)[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild love pomade (sample)[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild honey hair creme (sample). Might get this instead of the type 4 hair creme on my next purchase. [/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Myhoneychild guava honey hair balm (sample)[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]
Sulfer8, glovers, Dr. Miracles temple and nape gro balm, Shapley's Original MTG conditioner,essential oils and WGO mix.
Qhemet Biologics honeybush hair tea soft hold gel
Oyins shine and define serum
[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]World of curls[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Shapley's hi-shine shampoo[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Shapley's no.1 light oil[/font]
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]
Misses:[/font]

None

I would get the honey hair cream instead, even though the scent is a little too sweet for me. The Type 4 cream was nice for my hair, but nothing special ,in my opinion.

miracle

kinchen said:
Miss
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
smells good but I could not get the comb through even after adding honey olive oil and WGO

Uh, oh!!!! I know everyone's hair responds differently to products, but I picked up this conditioner the other day at Sally's because it was on sale for $0.99 but have had my doubts about it ever since I got it home. I was comparing it to the Lustrasilk with Aloe, and the consistency is totally different. The Shea Butter formula is thicker and heavier (I knew it would be a lil' heavier due to the shea butter, but ugh!!!!) and not as smooth (looks rather "goopy"), which could be a big 'ole "no-no" for my hair. I'll have to use a small amount on one section and see how it turns out. :ohwell:

Last edited:

CarefreeinChicago

miracle said:
Uh, oh!!!! I know everyone's hair responds differently to products, but I picked up this conditioner the other day at Sally's because it was on sale for $0.99 but have had my doubts about it ever since I got it home. I was comparing it to the Lustrasilk with Aloe, and the consistency is totally different. The Shea Butter formula is thicker and heavier (I knew it would be a lil' heavier due to the shea butter, but ugh!!!!) and not as smooth (looks rather "goopy"), which could be a big 'ole "no-no" for my hair. I'll have to use a small amount on one section and see how it turns out. :ohwell:

yes i purchased all of them since they was on sell

A_Christian

Hits:
-KeraCare Dry and Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo
(It was soooooooo soothing on my scalp, I like this one even
better than the KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo which is
also an excellent product)

-Decca Plus Products!
(I used the Decca Plus Satin Pomade in middle-school and high school
and my hair grew to the longest it has ever been back then. The
pomade is really light and I used it to moisturize my ends. Although
I was eating very healthfully back then, taking vitamins, and
beginning to practice better hair care habits in general, I contribute
my ability to retain my lenth in part to the Decca pomade. It does
contain petrolatum and mineral oil but it also has the following
ingredients: castor oil,palm oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil,
musk oil, rosin, wheat germ w/vitamins A, D, & E, aloe vera,
hydrolized protein, lanolin, lecithin, rosemary, paraben, &
frangrance etc... It also works very well as a pressing
creme.

-Decca Satin Tame...Works very well as a moisturizer. I use it
to moisturize my ends but it can also be used as a setting
lotion, blow drying agent, pressing creme, and as a
detangler.

- The new Aubrey Organics GPB formula... I'd finished up my last bottle
of the original so I finally got to try the new formula and I like it
just as much if not more than the original. It detangled my hair so
well I considered not following it up with Humecto (but I did anyway,
gotta have my Humecto :D). Looks like GPB will remain in my list of
staple products.

- Elasta QP Mango Butter... The scent is yummy & it's easy to apply. I
recently read somewhere on the forum that it acts more like a gel
than a hair butter, this was also my experience. I moisturized my
ends with it and covered my hair with a plastic cap, when I got up
in the morning my ends were curly.

Last edited:

MonaLisa

elizabeth said:
Thank you - after reading this thread I bought a bone comb on ebay from hairsense. I've been using plastic combs my entire life. I was just looking at the seams inside the teeth on my plastic comb that must be ripping my hair and contributing to my split ends.

Reading this just prompted me to purchase two combs. Hopefully I will have before my trip to the salon at the end of the week.

lexi08

Mega Hit:

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner (Spray)

This stuff is the bomb! My hair is so soft, fluffy and swingy after using this product. I can't remember the member who started the post on this product, Whoever it was,great recommendation!!!

LadyChe

HITS:
Suave Citrus Smoothie Conditioner - Dang what took me so long? This is now my official post conditioning rinse, not just for the slip, but for the great scent. I went and bought Milk and Honey too. Yay Cheapie Conditioners!

BBD Stretch - I only bought this because it was 40% off at the BSS. I have a funky feeling that it contains Mineral Oil :( , BUT Good Googlymoogly! My hair is verrrry moisturized and shiny. I used this together with my first love, Nioxin Silk Elixir, for my rollersets. I'm 9 weeks post, and I can still comb over an inch of new growth.

MISSES:
I've been on the hunt for a good moisturizing poo for a MINUTE - without SLS or ALS Any suggestions would be welcomed...

JASON Sea Kelp - feels like I haven't rinsed it all out
l'anza remedy - i think i bought an OLD bottle, the poo is crusty

Scurl Gel. Yuck! Anybody want this?
Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray. Double yuck! Anybody want this?

lexi08

LadyChe said:
HITS:
Suave Citrus Smoothie Conditioner - Dang what took me so long? This is now my official post conditioning rinse, not just for the slip, but for the great scent. I went and bought Milk and Honey too. Yay Cheapie Conditioners!

BBD Stretch - I only bought this because it was 40% off at the BSS. I have a funky feeling that it contains Mineral Oil :( , BUT Good Googlymoogly! My hair is verrrry moisturized and shiny. I used this together with my first love, Nioxin Silk Elixir, for my rollersets. I'm 9 weeks post, and I can still comb over an inch of new growth.

MISSES:
I've been on the hunt for a good moisturizing poo for a MINUTE - without SLS or ALS Any suggestions would be welcomed...

JASON Sea Kelp - feels like I haven't rinsed it all out
l'anza remedy - i think i bought an OLD bottle, the poo is crusty

Scurl Gel. Yuck! Anybody want this?
Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray. Double yuck! Anybody want this?

Hi, did you apply the stretch creme on each section prior to rolling or did you apply to your full head first? I have this product and I will be trying it for the first time this week. Thanks

Hair2day

Hit

Vo5 Blueberries & creme (Moisture Milk) line(I LOVE IT!!!):)

Miss:AO White camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner

stacy

Hits: Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir, Keracare Foam Wrap-set Lotion, Elasta QP Glaze, and Keracare Lite Oil Moisturizer/Heat Protectant

baglady215

HUGE HIT!!!

ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak - I had so much slip when I put it on that I did not want to wash it out... Slip was still there after I rinsed. I put in Salerm 21 and am airdrying now... Talk about hair heaven! NEW STAPLE!!!

Another Hit:

Cantu Grow Strong Strengthing Treatment - I had tried the Break Cure and I found it to be a good moisturizer but it left my hair a little hard (maybe the amount of protein). This Grow Strong is a much better moisturizer IMHO. I put it mainly on my ends and it kept them moist and frizz free! I want to try the Daily Oil Moisturizer next.

Last edited:

MissB

Hits:

Goldwell Definition Color & Highlights Color Conditioning Shampoo
Goldwell Definition Color & Highlights Color Conditioning Treatment

sithembile

Hits
Keracare first lather shampoo
vitamin e oil

Miss:
(don't stone me!) Elasta recovery moisturiser
CD HHB - too thick

Last edited:

Iansan

Hit:
BBD Stretch Creme
BBD Silkening Lotion
Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment
Biotin and MSM added to conditioner as a prepoo

Jury Still out:
Nioxin Smoothing Silk Elixir, Shampoo and Conditioner.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Hits:
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (They can improve the smell)
Sebastian Potion 9 (This is becoming my favorite leave-in)

On the fence:
Wella Lifetex Energy Up Serum

Misses:
Black n' Sassy Break Free something something (Not the worst product but please don't rush out and get this. So not worth it).

mahogany

Hits:
Elucence MS
Elucence MC
Goldwell Dry and Porous shampoo
Goldwell Dry and Porous Intensive Treatment
SEDU FLAT IRON-- THE ABSOLUTE BEST :love:
Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixer

Miss:
TIGI Catwalk Smooth and Shine--- smells great, but didn't really smooth well.

c_octavia

c_octavia said:
So far for me..
Hits: Kenra Silkening Gloss
Jojoba Oil.
Shea Butter Oil.

Misses: None so far...

Got my misses..
Suave Humectant, and
Suave Biobasics..
I have never really liked their products, but I thought I would give then a second chance after hearing so many people having good rxperiences with it.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
c_octavia said:
Got my misses..
Suave Humectant, and
Suave Biobasics..
I have never really liked their products, but I thought I would give then a second chance after hearing so many people having good rxperiences with it.

Don't feel bad. I tried those products also and at first it was the best thing happened to my hair. After a while...blech!

miracle

c_octavia said:
Got my misses..
Suave Humectant, and
Suave Biobasics..

My hair laughed and then cursed me out after trying Suave. I just knew the Biobasics would work, but........ :nono: .

Hits
Keracare essential oils

Misses
Mane 'n' tail deep moisturizing con (no slip, made my hair hard)
mane 'n' tail poo original formula ( I do not like this at all)
elasta qp recovery oil moisturizer (my extra dry hair laughed at this one)

miracle

miracle said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miracle
Hits: Dove Smooth & Soft Anti-Frizz Cream
Wheat Germ Vegetable Protein Conditioning Cream
(Revisited Hit) Black Magic Conditioning Shampoo

No Misses So Far!!!

miracle said:
ETA:
Hits: Dove Straight & Soft Sleek Styling Cream--mixed this with a lil' Lacio Lacio and used as a leave-in...... I'm in :love: :love: with it!!!! My hair is super silky and soft.

AB Kids Organic's Ultimate Moisture Shea Butter Conditioning Shampoo--worked great as a mild clarifier.

AB Kids Organic's Gro Strong Triple Action Growth Stimulating Therapy

AB Kids Organic's Protein & Vitamin Fortified Healthy Hair & Scalp Remedy

Another Hit :D :

AB Kids Organic's Soft Hold Styling Pomade & Hairdress

crazyabouthair

Hits:
Kerastase Satin Bain 3
Kerastase Lait Vitale Protein
Kerastase Masquintence for fine hair

Undecided:
Kerastase Lait Nutri Sculpt (not a good leave in but makes a good heat protector on
dry hair)
Kerastase Vinyle Sculpt (hair dressing creme)

FashionistaNY

HITS
NTM Leave-In
Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed w/Mizani Moisturefuse
Shea Butter straight from the nut

BTW - what is a bone comb?