Hmmm...

beyondcute

I looked thru my chruch Sunday and saw that most of the men were absent. The church was disportionately women. To top that off the men that were there were sitting with each other (if you know what I mean). While there were a few associate pastors (older) and deacons (older) and a few married couples. But fro the most part the black men were absent. Why is it that black men run from chruch? Do they think that Christianity is too feminine? Im at a loss but I noticed it and it bothers me. Anybody else? (lookign for opinions, theories, etc.)

Maybe Im noticing the wrong things...
But looking into my future how can I find a Christian man if they are not in the place of God?

Pam Pam

Girl, I think a lot of it has to do with man being made in His image and His likeness. Men are independent by nature and don't feel as if they should follow anyone's rules except their own. The men I talked to when I dated would always have some excuse about the "rules" of Christianity as to why they believed but were not completely sold out. A lot of it had to do with the flesh and not wanting to put their sexual desires under subjection.

But don't you worry or even concern yourself about finding a christian mate. He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and shall obtain favor from the Lord. Just make sure you are a virtuous woman and they will seek after you.

God is preparing the both of you for that spectacular meeting.:)

Pam Pam said:
Girl, I think a lot of it has to do with man being made in His image and His likeness. Men are independent by nature and don't feel as if they should follow anyone's rules except their own. The men I talked to when I dated would always have some excuse about the "rules" of Christianity as to why they believed but were not completely sold out. A lot of it had to do with the flesh and not wanting to put their sexual desires under subjection.

But don't you worry or even concern yourself about finding a christian mate. He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and shall obtain favor from the Lord. Just make sure you are a virtuous woman and they will seek after you.

God is preparing the both of you for that spectacular meeting.:)

I think this has a lot to do with this. Especially young men coming into some independence. Also if they don't see a lot of their peers there, they may be less likely to go.

Crissi

beyondcute said:
I looked thru my chruch Sunday and saw that most of the men were absent. The church was disportionately women. To top that off the men that were there were sitting with each other (if you know what I mean). While there were a few associate pastors (older) and deacons (older) and a few married couples. But fro the most part the black men were absent. Why is it that black men run from chruch? Do they think that Christianity is too feminine? Im at a loss but I noticed it and it bothers me. Anybody else? (lookign for opinions, theories, etc.)

Maybe Im noticing the wrong things...
But looking into my future how can I find a Christian man if they are not in the place of God?

Hmm you never know, maybe at a convention?

imani97

Maybe it also depends upon the church. There are plenty of young men at the church I attend, First Baptist Church of Glen Arden. Outside of my parent's church in Pittsburgh, I did notice that there wasn't a strong presence of young black men. It is so refreshing and beautiful to see so many young men who are excited for God at my church. As a matter of fact, I praise God every time a new young man or a family joins the church.

beyondcute

Maybe it does depend on the church. :( I wish more men werent afraid to be lead and I wish the rest of them knew better than to be lead down certain paths. Ah well.Let me stop thinkign too much about this. The right man will cross my path when God has prepared him for me and when Im prepared for him.