Holy FlatMan! A fantastic detangling condititioner

And its name is Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Island Spice Cream Rinse.

It detangles like a dream!!! I'm going through re-growth hell right now waiting for my next re-touch so I'm using detangling conditioners. So far Elucence (and porosity)are my fave at this but today I tried this and its fantastic!

I also used L'anza's Straight Line Shampoo (that elongates curly hair) so the combo of everything may be what did it. This is what I did:

1. Wet hair then applied Aubrey Cream Rinse to ends only (Nay007's tip).
2. Broke open sachet of Lanza Straight Line shampoo and used it in the scalp only. Love this shampoo. I'm getting a bottle now. This stuff works.
3. Rinsed out.
4. Slathered aubrey cream rinse through hair, pinned up for 30/40 mins with a self heating foil cap.
5. Rinsed, towel dried, spritzed with s curl and wearing 2 pig tails (I feel like Pochahantus /images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

While rinsing out the conditioner my hands was actually slipping across the hair like it was too slippery! It could also be the L'anza shampoo that did it (it contains pistachio nut oil, dimethicone etc). The hair felt soo detangled and slippery and the SMELL of this conditioner? /images/graemlins/spinning.gif Gorgeous!!

I got this as a sample from a friend and I'm DEFINITELY buying it. What a powerful detangling gem this is! /images/graemlins/up.gif It detangles maybe more so than Elucence if that's even possible!

MzRhonda

As a trying to do better PJ I think I still have some of this left and may have to pull it out again.
Rhonda

T

Tee

I think I have this in my stash. I have sooooo many conditioners that I haven't gotten around to trying it. I'll give it a try this weekend. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pebbles, let me know if you like it! I really do. Very nice and one of the best smelling conditioners I have.

Tee, dig it out woman and report on your thoughts of it!

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
And its name is Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Island Spice Cream Rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it wonderful? I have the shampoo that goes with it also. The name "rinse" doesn't do this conditioner any justice. It's excellent for conditioner washes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know, hearing the word 'rinse' makes it sound like something used AFTER a conditioner. Brings it down a bit you know?

Its excellent. The smell is entoxicating too /images/graemlins/lick.gif Great stuff. Can't wait to see how it is on rollarsets. Right now I'm using it on airdried hair that I just pin up and go (with a hat on of course /images/graemlins/sekret.gif ) lol!!

A definite keeper for 2003 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Babychoc

/images/graemlins/wave.gif BRH. I have been looking for a great detangling conditioner and haven't found one that gives REALLY good slip. But thanks to you, I will be getting me some this stuff tomorrow. I think that I may be turning into anoter PJ, uh-oh /images/graemlins/fishslap.gif

Hi babychoc!

My 3 fave detanglers right now are:

Revlon's Porosity Control.
Aubrey Organics Cream Rinse.
Elucence.

I'm not sure which comes first between Porosity and Aubrey, its kinda neck and neck right now lol!! I LOVE the Aubrey though. Its loverly!! LMK what you think when you get it?

BlkMane

Thanks, BRH. I've been thinking of picking some of this up. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Now I'm sold! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Kitkat

Re: Holy FlatMan! A fantastic detangling condititi

Thanks BRH! Now I'll have to pick some up. Question: would you rate this better than Motions Moisture Plus or Mizani Moisturefuse? I know you're a huge fan of both. Or is it in a different category?

LondonDiva

Oh great, another great product recommendation that I can't get. /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

Glad you found something that works well for you BRH! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

kingstonkaramel

Does anyone know where to get Aubrey Organics products other than on their website? I went to the BSS today and they didn't have it... they usually have EVERYTHING! Any insight?

-kingston /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

daviine

Aubrey Organics isn't sold in beauty supply stores. They are sold in helath food stores becasue they are natural products.

By the way, I've never chatted with you so...hi! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

hi Kitkat!

I would say that the mizani and moisture plus are different 'animals.'

I would be able to give a better like for like comparison after I get a re-touch and return to rollarsets. Then I can tell which gives a better rollarset, smoother finished hair with 'swing.' Right now I'm airdrying and BRAIDING my hair in 2 pigtails (the regrowth is that bad right now lol!!).

Soooo, until that touch up. I can't yet comment on direct comparisons.

As soon as I return to rollarsets I'll be able to say what performs better over the other in terms of the wet hair and how the dried hair looks and feels after. For now, the aubrey is very detangling. more so than mizani which is more of a good moisturizing conditioner.

I'll report back when the roots are done!

kingstonkaramel

Hi to you too! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I'm new to the game of better hair care /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I guess I've gotta do a little more hunting for that conditioner. Online they make you buy it and the shampoo... but I love my own shampoo (Keracare). Oh well, I might just have to break down and buy both.

-kingston /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

free2bme

Hi Brownrelaxed,

Glad to hear that the AO Island Creme rinse worked for ya. It's been in my haircare arsenal for quite a while now and it is my absolute favorite moisturizing detangler.

AO can be found at health food stores and at the Vitamin shoppe. I find their prices cheaper than at the Aubry Organics website. The vitamin shoppe also orders products for you if they don't have it in stock at no extra charge

AZJeepgurl

BRH,
I'm really happy for your find! I adore that pic of your hair, too!

Though, I'm a little worried about me. I'm a recovering PJ and I've got the shakes right now and my hair is salivating!

Won't somebody make it stop! Can't give in.....must.....be...strong.....arghhhhhhh!!!! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ahhhhh, /images/graemlins/censored.gif it! Just this one more product won't kill me! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Faith

BRH how does it compare to the Aussie Slip? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cleo

Not BRH, but I like AO Island Cream Spice MUCH better. It detangles very well and leaves a nice smooth feel to the hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Aussie slip did not give me the same results. I would definitely recommend it. You can get it for $6.40 at Vitamin Shoppe. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Say, Brown.. I use Aubreys Jay, do you think the Island Spice with work well with it?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I love this product also. I like to use it to soften and detangle my hair after a protein treatment. And it does smell yummy! I have to admit it has been collecting dust since I started using Mizani Moisturfuse.
(I finally got a 32 oz bottle of MM) /images/graemlins/grin.gif