Need serious HELP with new regimen

kedra70

Good afternoon ladies!

I'm getting my hair relaxed in about a week and a half. My goal is to strengthen my hair - thereby increasing growth - I want to get to brastrap length. What do you think of this regimen:

FIRST FOUR WEEKS:
Shampoos: L'anza Protein Shampoo (1st wash) Elucence Moisturizing (second wash)

Conditioner: L'anza Protein Recostructor

Rinse: Aubrey Naturals Island Cream Rinse

LAST FOUR WEEKS
Shampoo: Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo

Conditioner: Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner

Questions-

1. Is this too much protein for the first four weeks AFTER my relaxer?
2. Will using the reconstructor cause my hair to revert?
3. Any other suggestions?

Also, I use Surge - I'll be spraying every other day and sealing with Mizani's H20 nighttime treatment. I also use Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray as a leave-in conditioner.

Thanks in advance,
Kedra

CrownnGlori

It sounds ok to me. Moisture after a relaxer has worked for me. I usually do more intense protein washes closer to relaxer time.
I know many say that protein treatments right after a relaxer cause their hair to revert.

aqualung

That'd be too much protein for me. I don't know your hair type, but my stylist advised me to use protein at most once monthly. But I have fine 4b hair that gets brittle and stiff after an Aubrey Organics GPB treatment. One should follow up each protein treatment with 30+ minutes of a moisturizing conditioner.

For other perspectives, do a search on other member's protein treatment schedules, in particular Tracy's "Moisture Moisture Protein" regime.

Ex.
+moisture +protein (in keyword field)
tracy (in username field)

kedra70

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm mixing up the protein and moisture now - I guess I'm impatient about growing my hair. I thought that big burst of protein right after my perm would strengthen it. I think I will continue with the same regimen as now...

Kedra