Homemade Amla Oil

CynamonKis

Has anyone ever tried making this by boiling amla powder in coconut oil? I need to re-cycle my amla powder since I don't now want to use it in my henna.....

JLove74

CynamonKis said:
Has anyone ever tried making this by boiling amla powder in coconut oil? I need to re-cycle my amla powder since I don't now want to use it in my henna.....

boiling oil?

CynamonKis

Source:

Home Remedies - Hairloss Remedies and Treatments
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Loss-of-Hair.html

Hair Loss home remedy using Amla Oil
Amla oil, prepared by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil, is considered a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth. A mixture of an equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice, used as a shampoo also stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss.

JLove74 said:
boiling oil?

scorpian

CynamonKis said:
Source:

Home Remedies - Hairloss Remedies and Treatments
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Loss-of-Hair.html

Hair Loss home remedy using Amla Oil
Amla oil, prepared by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil, is considered a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth. A mixture of an equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice, used as a shampoo also stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss.

I remember reading a post on nappturality about mixing amla and tea tree oil into coconut oil and using it on the scalp
The poster said that she got good growth from it
The amla and coconut alone also sounds like a good mix

JustKiya

I actually did this - I used alma, henna, and shikaika powders, mixed with coconut oil - in a crockpot. I let it simmer for about 8 hours, strained the oil out, and used it.

I mainly use it in Deep treatments, and add it to my henna, and on OCCASION use it for a scalp treatment, as my hair gets crunchy when I use this oil. I might just be using too much. *sigh*

CynamonKis

Scorpian thanks for the tip--I can certainly use tea tree oil; Nappywoman I nnever considered a crock pot but it is truly a good idea...

nappywomyn said:
I actually did this - I used alma, henna, and shikaika powders, mixed with coconut oil - in a crockpot. I let it simmer for about 8 hours, strained the oil out, and used it.

I mainly use it in Deep treatments, and add it to my henna, and on OCCASION use it for a scalp treatment, as my hair gets crunchy when I use this oil. I might just be using too much. *sigh*