Homemade Leave In Conditioner

KoriKiyomi

I want to start creating my own leave in conditioner. I started mixing some Shea Moisture Leave In in a water bottle with water, EVOO and a hint of Shea Moisture Mist Spray.

What's your recipe?

Prudent1

I use it frequently. Prob around 3 to 4 times a week (after pooing or CW). I have not substituted much besides the base. I use Garnier instead of KCKT. I wanted something I could purchase locally. I'm getting tired of s&h fees:lol:. I don't measure to a t the oils I put in. I kinda eyeball those cause a lil extra is not going to hurt me. Before then I made a mixture of whatever condish I had left over+ distilled H2O+ 1 tea ACV+ Tab of oil of my choice in a spray bottle. I did not have any issues (some have problems using regular condish as a lv in). I simply wanted to try her recipe. When I want a lighter lv in I use mine. If I do a PS like twists and need a heavier lv in (ie colder weather) I use hers.
HTH,
P1

KoriKiyomi

I'm starting to think the Shea Moisture Leave In Conditioner is too heavy for the summer. I may purchase a new leave. I really want to try hers. I think it will help my hair retain moisture

tiffjust2002

I use VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner about 2 squirts, distilled water, EVOO mixed up in a spray bottle, It works great on my 3b hair and my daughter's 3c/4a hair.

julzinha

I've tried the kimmaytube leave in with the Shea Moisture Leave In and it is Amazing! The shea moisture leave in is usually very thick for me but the recipe definitely lightens it up.