Homosexuality and the Bible

Ms.Honey

Thats not what I am trying to do at all. The things that i asked were sincere questions and issues that I raise in trying to understand things. I know that I was born this way and will die this way. All that "changing myself" and "being delivered from this spirit" is a facade when people say it. I also don't believe that God would condemn me to a life of being alone and without companionship due to me being homosexual. I know others disagree, and thats fine, but I don't believe the one I serve would be that cruel.

Which version is that for Corinthians 6:9?

You have made God into your image and your likeness. You have made Him into an idol who sees the world as you do and has made your sin not a sin becuae that upsets you. You don't accept the gospel as is and have changed it in a way that's comfortable to you.

Your personal belief of what God will and will not do is irrelevant as is ours. God says He and His Word are one. He has written what His will is, He doesn't have an alternative Gospel. He is not going to allow you to do something that is against His Word and tell you you are exempt because of your feelings. You see the bible as if God can be swayed by your feelings. You see it as many as an American who believes in democracy when it is a theocracy. One God, omnipotent.

You are looking at this and making it suit your own personal beliefs. You feel that you are different than the rest of mankind because you were born gay and that your sin is special because you've had it as long as you can remember. You think it's different and refuse to admit that it's just one of many. You refuse to admit that everyone is born with a sin and yours just happens to be homosexuality.

God has delivered homosexuals from homosexuality before and always will. He delivers those who believe His Word above their own wants and desires whether it's sexual sin or any other kind of sin.

We are not the first to tell you this. He continues to tell you this and you reject it because it's not what you want to hear. When you want to accept that homosexuality is a not a sin you have that doubt in the back of your mind that something is not right.

It is not our job to convince you but to bring you the truth. Whether you accept or reject it is up to you. If you really want to know God's will ask Him is it His will for you to be homosexual. That's all I ask. Tell Him what you believe straight up and tell Him you believe that He doesn't expect for you to be delivered of it and to become heterosexual. But make sure that you also tell Him that you want His willl to be done in your life and if it is His will for you to be different than what you believe you should be that you want Him to change you.

You see, that's what we all have to do. There are things that we have believed and we sure of that conflicted with the Word of God and we had to tearfully give them up. When we see something in God's word that's contrary to what we believe, we lay the cards down on the table not fearing what He will say becuase we believe He has our best interest at heart. If you believe that He has your best interest at heart you will seek His not heats understanding of what you've been hearing and seeing in His word. It's a sign of spiritual maturity.

dreamlovermd

I agree with what everyone has to say about being homosexual is wrong, but when you look deeper into 1 Corin. 6:9-10, homosexuality is stated differently.

Lev. 18:22,
Lev. 20:13, Rom. 1:26-28 All states a man should not lay with another man the way he lays with a woman.

1 Corinthians 6: 9-10 "Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Homosexual Offenders means someone who causes pain to a homosexual or it could be interpreted, someone who is homosexual that causes pain to another.

I feel that God gives us so many ways to get to him. Homosexuality has been on this earth for centuries, even when Noah was around. At one point, I "felt" that God was like, these people are not going to change and things are going to get worst, which is the reason we have 1 Corin. 6:9-10 The origin of homosexuality is not very clear to us, but all we need to know is that God is the one that judges, not us. Working with foster children, I realized, when a boy is molested as a child, "especially by a man" 95% of the time, that child grows up to be homosexual. They have a lot of mental problems. I don't judge anymore, I just pray for them because I do not know their past. Even if I did know their past, it still does not give me the right to judge.

Prayer is the key, the answer and the way.

saved06

I do understand homosexuality is a sin....sin is sin...my concern is that people who engage in premartial sex and fornication will try to look down upon those living the homosexual lifestyle. I never understood that.

Homosexuality will grow more popular as we go closer toward the last days.... Satan is homosexual in nature because creation honors God and Satan ain't tryna do that....

If you know someone who is struggling with homosexuality please pray for them and be a light...do not distance yourself...they need you...let the love of God shine through you....and take advantage of opportunities to minister....

And to add....I know many ppl who are homosexual because of molestation issues when they were growing up...so again point them to Jesus to heal their hurt

chicacanella

I do understand homosexuality is a sin....sin is sin...my concern is that people who engage in premartial sex and fornication will try to look down upon those living the homosexual lifestyle. I never understood that.

Homosexuality will grow more popular as we go closer toward the last days.... Satan is homosexual in nature because creation honors God and Satan ain't tryna do that....

If you know someone who is struggling with homosexuality please pray for them and be a light...do not distance yourself...they need you...let the love of God shine through you....and take advantage of opportunities to minister....

And to add....I know many ppl who are homosexual because of molestation issues when they were growing up...so again point them to Jesus to heal their hurt

It is alot of reasons. I know people say that people can not change but God can, as I've seen in one of my close friends. Then the enemy will try to have people say, "Well, he was not gay in the first place." Well, my question is, "What exactly would qualify as one being gay and who may you the authority or telling another person how they feel?" Yet, you accept it when they "come out" but when Jesus brings them out, they are no longer gay to you? So, we have Satan again attempting to make people think that if you are gay there is no possible way you can change and if you do, then you weren't gay in the first place.:ohwell: There have been men just as flamboyant as the black guy from America's Next Top Model who God has changed.

God gave me a Word about this and said, "He is God and if he created you, then he can change you." It's just that simple. Even if a person believes they were born gay becausewe are born into sin and there are a such thing as generation curses and familiar spirits that may linger with a particular family or in a house BUT the potter can change the pot into anything that he wishes. You're telling me that the creator of the universe, who made Adam and Eve can't change someone?:rolleyes:

saved06

It is alot of reasons. I know people say that people can not change but God can, as I've seen in one of my close friends. Then the enemy will try to have people say, "Well, he was not gay in the first place." Well, my question is, "What exactly would qualify as one being gay and who may you the authority or telling another person how they feel?" Yet, you accept it when they "come out" but when Jesus brings them out, they are no longer gay to you? So, we have Satan again attempting to make people think that if you are gay there is no possible way you can change and if you do, then you weren't gay in the first place.:ohwell: There have been men just as flamboyant as the black guy from America's Next Top Model who God has changed.

God gave me a Word about this and said, "He is God and if he created you, then he can change you." It's just that simple. Even if a person believes they were born gay becausewe are born into sin and there are a such thing as generation curses and familiar spirits that may linger with a particular family or in a house BUT the potter can change the pot into anything that he wishes. You're telling me that the creator of the universe, who made Adam and Eve can't change someone?:rolleyes:

Preach! There is power in the name! Like I said ppl put so much emphasis on homosexuality yet fornication is abundant all around. I do believe God can change you because when you are in Christ (really in Christ) you are new. It's all about loving ppl and leading them to Christ. And yes those generation curses are so real

chicacanella

Preach! There is power in the name! Like I said ppl put so much emphasis on homosexuality yet fornication is abundant all around. I do believe God can change you because when you are in Christ (really in Christ) you are new. It's all about loving ppl and leading them to Christ. And yes those generation curses are so real

Yes, they are real. And if we could actually see with spiritual eyes, then we would be astonded. Seriously. There is a physical realm and an earthly realm. Have you ever read Mary K. Baxter's book, "Divine Revelation of Hell?" I definitely wouldn't doubt that each fallen angel has certain things that they are assigned to. No, people don't believe in "bad" spirits but they are out there and we need not be delusional about it them being there. When my friend was homosexual, I didn't tell her to make her feel better that I thought she was born that way. I told her what I believed and continued to love her, praying for her to God and even though her behavior was saying one thing; eventually God brought her out.

Do you remember in Samuel where God himself sent Saul a spirit of depression? A spirit of depression; what is that? It is an evil spirit that is fighting against God's people and even likes to toment people of the world, yet God himself use this spirit (since he is all powerful) to accomplish his purpose. Also remember that Saul was no longer in the will of God. So, if the bible talks about spirits of divination and these spirits have descriptions attached to them; is it possible that there may be a spirit of fornication? Is it possible that there may be a spirit of deception, of jealousy, of discord and every possible thing that is not of God? Of course there is.

Many scientists say, "there are animals that also display homosexual activity." Yes, there are but we also know that evil spirits can enter animals as observed when Jesus cast demons out of a person and they went into the pigs. Is it possible that these beings that we can't see know certain things as they lurk about in certain places, like "This journalist from PBS is doing a big story on homosexuality in animals." Wouldn't they be able to enter an animal so that many will be deceived into believing that if an animal does it, then it must be natural despite the fact that humans are held to a much higher standard and created a little lower than the angels? I remember someone saying in the bible: if only you could see with your spiritual eyes. Then their eyes were opened and they saw many, many angels around them.

dreamlovermd

I do believe in generational curses, but it has to be that person that is willing to change that, and make sure the next generation is not effected by it. If someone is gay and they are willing to come to Christ, then Christ will change them. They will have a more understanding and start seeing things different. We are sinners and we will do anything to please ourselves. Our problem is, we assume the world revolves around us, but we seem to forget who the creator is. We have to remember that we are here to do the creator's wish not our own and for someone to say that they are gay and in Christ, they are lying to themselves. If your truly in Christ, you would do what ever it takes to please God and walk away from that type of sin. You would feel so disgusted with yourself, that you would wonder how could you have ever lived a life like that? Christ makes you see things in a whole different light and angle.

We all know that Jesus came and eat with the sinner and pardon the sinners, but all the sinners Jesus touched, they left their old ways to walk with Christ. They became disciples of Christ.

Isaiah 55:6-7

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Being Gay is wrong, and all I can do is pray for them. Yes, I will speak to them, but the best method is prayer and surrounding them with Christ followers.

Last edited:

chicacanella

I do believe in generational curses, but it has to be that person that is willing to change that, and make sure the next generation is not effected by it. If someone is gay and they are willing to come to Christ, then Christ will change them. They will have a more understanding and start seeing things different. We are sinners and we will do anything to please ourselves. Our problem is, we assume the world revolves around us, but we seem to forget who the creator is. We have to remember that we are here to do the creator's wish not our own and for someone to say that they are gay and in Christ, they are lying to themselves. If your truly in Christ, you would do what ever it takes to please God and walk away from that type of sin. You would feel so disgusted with yourself, that you would wonder how could you have ever lived a life like that? Christ makes you see things in a whole different light and angle.

Yes, I definitely agree with you. I was pointing out that there are certain spirits that lurk about in certain places that do not glorify God. I would guess that there are many, many lustful, fornication and other evil spirits in those adult book stores where men do all kinds of awful things.

I would assume that there are many spirits of drunkardness in bars, or spirits of lust inside strip bars inducing people to do certain things. This is why light can have no fellowship with darkness and we are called out of the world. Is this an excuse for someone's behavior, not at all: but there are certain spirits that people can be released from. There is a scripture that I will try to find that says, we can know what is going on in the spiritual realm by looking at what happens on earth. The enemy assigns his soldiers to work in certain cities, regions which is why some cities may have rate of prostitution yet another comparable city doesn't or some cities may have other issues going on when another comparable city doesn't. Sometimes, it may just be the person themselves but God is able to do exceedingly above what we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us. Do we not believe this?

Again, how can you tell me that the God who created the earth, stars, moon, sun, humans, animals, etc in six days can't change a person who may not be in his will? He knows that Satan walketh about like a Lion seeking whom he may devour and He also knows in this walking about, he is attempting to kill, steal and destroy. Sometimes he succeeds but again, is God not able to do exceedingly above what we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us?

I can't tell the Great 'I am that I am" what he is able to do nor suppress the truth when His words speaks of his power? He's done some things in my life that I will be forever greatful for.:yep: