Scripture on Reading the Bible?

loolalooh

Hey ladies. Okay, let me see if I get out my words properly. (Still tired ... lol.)

I vaguely remember (or maybe I'm making it up) coming across a verse that went something like this: "Lazy readers won't get much from the Bible but those are persistent will." Something like, "there are treasures in the Bible not meant for lazy readers to notice."

It obviously wasn't in those exact words; that was just my interpretation at the time. I want to say that it was in the New Testament but I don't know which book.

Does anyone know the verse(s) I'm talking about? Where is it?

TIA.

loolalooh

:) I butchered the interpretation but this is what I was looking for. Lol:

MATTHEW 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Psalm 119:105 ESV /

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Matthew 4:4 ESV /

But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Joshua 1:8 ESV /

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Romans 15:4 ESV /

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12 ESV /

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Psalm 119:18 ESV /

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

1 Timothy 4:13 ESV /

Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

1 Peter 2:2 ESV /

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—

Psalm 119:10-11 ESV /

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 1:2 ESV /

But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

2 Timothy 2:7 ESV /

Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

2 Timothy 2:15 ESV /

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Last edited:

sizzle

Here are other verses to ponder Mark 4:10-11. The disciples were confused about the meaning of the parable of the Sower and asked Jesus for the interpretation.

Mark 4:10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve
asked of him the parable.

Mark 4:11 And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of
of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these
things are done in parables.