Honestly, are you RELIGIOUSLY taking care of your hair?

Are you taking SERIOUS complete care of your hair?

• YES! I would NEVER go to sleep without covering my hair!

Votes: 195 54.8%
  • Well... my pillowcase is satin, so I don't trip if I don't...

Votes: 69 19.4%
  • HECK NO! I've fallen off the bandwagon so many times!!!

Votes: 79 22.2%
  • Sometimes...let me explain...

Votes: 41 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackMasterPiece

I think religiously isn't even strong enough of a word for me:look:....:lol:

It's just my nature to baby my hair, my hair has become my playground:infatuated:.

For me tying my hair up at night is part of the night-time routine, I wouldn't feel right going to bed without doing it, tying my scarf to me is the last step of putting on your night-gown or jammies.

When my hair is straightened its pinned and tied up every night, mostly because I want the style to last looking neat and nice as long as possible.

When its in an air-dry style I moisturize and put a satin bonnet on every night. Its not even an option in my mind not to do that, its like a part of the night-time routine for me.

The only thing is I'm now away to school and dont have my hooded dryer on hand for DC's and besides that I dont have my hommade recepes on hand the way I once did so I havent been doing as much DC's but my hair does fine going for a while without regular DC's I just have to wait till I go home...

I'm the type to burst into my moms and pops bedroom at night and be like MOM! ARE YOU WEARING YOUR SATIN CAP?? and she'll be like okay! okay....and put it on:giggle: yea I go "IN" like that, I doubled my moms fro length in 4 months and she used to not care about her hair at all and claim she just didnt have hair that grew long:rolleyes:, even though I'm her daughter and look at my length lol now she's all proud staying on top of her moisturizing wearing braid-outs and even made a whipped shea butter recepe, I'm sooooo proud of my mommy:love2: I mean its cool she's an engineer and a math professor and a business owner and all but I'm proud she grew out her hurr!!!:cool2: lmfaooooo:lachen: My moms be giving me the side-eye talkin about where are my priorities:lol:

I'm so bad my mom will be like I used alot of the coconut oil to make the whipped Shea butter, but its okay! I'll buy a new jar! I was like omg!:lol: am I that bad that she has to make preemptive statements like that to me??:scratchch :look:..........probably am:nono::lachen:

Last edited:

2Cute!

Yes.

My regimen is simple, so it's very easy to adhere to. I tie my hair up every night...faithfully. If my scarf comes of in the middle of the night (it rarely - if ever does this), I tie it up again before going back to sleep.

My routine now is more of a habit... I just do it.

Smiley79

Yes I am very disciplined when it comes to my hair...but I keep it simple as not to make it an overly time consuming obsessive compulsive process. I love my hair just as much as I love my clothes, shopping, skin, shoes, etc...all that other girlie stuff I enjoy from day to day. :)

Geminigirl

I always cover my hair and I don't go longer than a wk without washing. Now moisturizing I do as needed but seriously If I am not going anywhere my hair might be dried out but I never let it get that bad. It's too easy to take care of not to keep it up. This is now though, my hair is almost SL so I don't know what Ima be doing when my hair gets to SL and beyond.

I do want to get some satin or slik sheets and pillowcases for nights when I don't feel like going on an adventure to find where the kiddies hid my bonnet.

Last edited:

Renewed1

I tie my hair up every night. Actually as soon as I put my bed clothes on I put on my satin scarf. But I wear wigs mostly, so my hair is well hidden and I co-wash everyday.

LaidBak

it takes me 60 seconds to tie my hair up at night versus the hour of styling I'd have to do in the morning if I didn't. Since I value my sleep I never hit the sack without tying up my hair.

As for other maintenance items, I have slacked off on them for a brief period. Then I started to notice breakage again. So I got right back on the straight and narrow.

MangaManiac

I ALWAYS sleep with a satin scarf on my head and I try to keep my hair covered whenever I'm home. I just put my hair into braids a day ago, but I still tie my hair back and cover it with a satin scarf.

I also oil and moisturize daily, wash and DC every week, and detangle only in the shower. I don't really keep heat to a minimum when my hair is down, but now that my hair is in braids I'm figuring that's not going to be a problem anymore! :)

Geminigirl

yea I hardly DC i know my hair would be more moisturized if I did. I just can't find one that I really want to stick with. Plus DC takes too long.

Victorian

old head
I go through phases where I'm really good about putting on that scarf -- I was really good about it when I was wearing my hair curly because I paid for it in extra knots if I didn't keep my hair "still" at night.

Right now? Not really. I have a satin pillowcase. Scarves just slip off when I'm wearing my hair straight anyway, so they mostly just end up annoying me in the middle of the night. I think I do more damage trying to roughly retie while I'm half asleep, catching my hair in the knot and stuff :lol:

meh, I'll be alright.

Now I DO religiously deep condition with protein (w/heat) EVERY single week. I consider that essential to the health of my hair and standing up to my flat ironing, so there's no compromising on that.

Katherina

well...i have a satin pillowcase, and i cover my hair 75% of the time with a scarf. i would say i am serious about my hair, but not militant about things.(i don't use direct heat and 90% of the time i wear protective styles).

i would like to get better at not manipulating it when it's not twisted/ braided, and i would like to stop trying random styles that result in breakage/setbacks/trims. i've been doing better though i would say :)

goodmorningruby

I wear my satin bonnet literally every single night. I have had friends ask me to stay the night at their places, but I didn't have my bonnet so I declined. I wear my bonnets A LOT. I've worn a bonnet out in public because I was too lazy to do my hair that day or the night before, and I also wear it a lot inside of my home. As far as general hair care...well I don't have an absolute regimen that I follow, I'm still trying to put that together even after 7 months. And lately I have been getting lazier, but my hair doesn't seem to be suffering. 99% of the time I moisturize my hair daily, DC weekly, etc.

n_vizion

There are no nights where I don't go to sleep without my scarf. Now whether I wake up with it on or not is a different story. The difference in my hair when I don't use it (or when it fall off mid-sleep) is enough to keep me consistent.

I think the part of my routine where I have to work the hardest is in the supplementation. Although I'm fairly consistent, I do miss a day or two here and there. What I try to do is not get hard on myself when I miss a day. I just pick up right where I left off and start again.

lalaland88

Well, I usually sleep on a satin pillow case but IDK what happened to it, must've got lost in the laundry, so now I'm sleeping on a cotton pillow case. :/ I did by a satin bonnet to day, however, and though I'm not good w/ bonnets I'm gonna try and put it on very night.

LadyPaniolo

Putting my bonnet on at night is so ingrained in my head that I literally can not go to sleep until it is on my head. If I can not find it, I will search the house up and down. Still can't find it? I'll put on one of my scarves. I just have to do it.

This is why I have 5011 sleep bonnets. DH calls himself "cleaning up" and will randomly decide they belong in some drawer or container and then forget where they are :wallbash: I try to keep one balled up in the blankets, lol, so that if I am just that tired and can't find a bonnet I know there's one in the bed, lol. I also keep one in the car and sometimes one in the diaper bag. You never know when you will be someplace with rough fabric. I put it over the headrest of the car to prevent damage.

I make sure me and my daughter have either a scarf or a satin bonnet on our heads before we go to bed..but not so much of myself because I do have a satin pillow I sleep on in case I have those lazy nights I forget to cover my head..

I wear a bonnet and sleep on a satin pillowcase. This way I don't have to worry if my bonnet comes off at night.

Ms_Twana

Okay so are we just talking about satin bonnets and pillowcases, or are we talking about just haircare in general (I haven't read the rest of the thread)? As far as satin and sleeping, I wear a satin bonnet or scarf or sleep on my satin pillowcase 97% of the time. Now, if we're talking about haircare in general, I fall off ALL the time. I haven't had my hair trimed in FOREVER. I don't usually heat style either. And I NEVER DC with heat. Just too lazy to pull out the dryer and then sit under that HEAT and not be able to move. But once I get my Mastex heating cap, I'll be DCing with heat EVERY week!!! :yep:

DH calls himself "cleaning up" and will randomly decide they belong in some drawer or container and then forget where they are

YOUR husband does that, too!!! Girl, I can't find ANYTHING when my husband cleans up!!!

I put it over the headrest of the car to prevent damage.

Dang that is a GOOD IDEA. I'll be biting it.....THANKS!!!

Last edited:

Geminigirl

This is why I have 5011 sleep bonnets. DH calls himself "cleaning up" and will randomly decide they belong in some drawer or container and then forget where they are :wallbash: I try to keep one balled up in the blankets, lol, so that if I am just that tired and can't find a bonnet I know there's one in the bed, lol. I also keep one in the car and sometimes one in the diaper bag. You never know when you will be someplace with rough fabric. I put it over the headrest of the car to prevent damage.

I wear a bonnet and sleep on a satin pillowcase. This way I don't have to worry if my bonnet comes off at night.

good idea above. i will be doing this

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
If we're talking about overall haircare, I'm psycho about that too. I have to DC and rollerset my hair at least once a week. Even if I can't do the extra stuff, like protein and shampooing, I must DC and rollerset. I can feel the difference when I don't. And DCing is actually relaxing for me.
I don't think they're too time consuming, because they're the kind of things that you can multitask with. So it's not like it has to be a complete waste of time. Like, when I DC or rollerset, I watch a movie, do my homework, play on the computer, read some blogs, crochet something...just like anything that doesn't require me to move.

bbdgirl

I cover my hair every night religiously. This is not a hassle for me, cuz I likes my head to be warm anyway. But in the summertime it can be annoying.
But I still moisturize and nightly and do PS. I don't DC as often as I used to. I don't get too cocky about my hair retention b/c I suffer from hair anorexia and it's never long enuff.
Besides I love slathering all that sweet smelling conditioners and moisturizers on my hair any way. I love when my hair feels soft and moisturized and is shiny.

Ms_Twana

I don't think they're too time consuming, because they're the kind of things that you can multitask with. So it's not like it has to be a complete waste of time. Like, when I DC or rollerset, I watch a movie, do my homework, play on the computer, read some blogs, crochet something...just like anything that doesn't require me to move.

Girl, what kind of dryer are you using to be able to still do all of this?? With my hard hat dryer, I can only sit in two places with it (bathroom or dining room). I have taken my laptop with me while I sit under the dryer, but it's too hot in the bathroom. I also take my laptop with me in the dining but it's uncomfortable for me to have it on my lap. It's also uncomfortable for me to have it on the table cuz I have to have the dryer to the side of me and hold my head down low in order to see the screen. And I couldn't DARE watch TV with that loud thing going.

But, I think I'll have it a lot easier, like you, when I get my heating cap. Is that what you use?

darlingdiva

I never go to sleep w/out a scarf or satin bonnet on my head.

As far as everything else (dusts/trims, washing, DCing w/ heat, etc.), I do it on an as-needed basis. K.I.S.S. works best for my hair.

The two things that I have to do better w/ are moisturizing my edges & ends.