Honestly, are you RELIGIOUSLY taking care of your hair?

Are you taking SERIOUS complete care of your hair?

• YES! I would NEVER go to sleep without covering my hair!

Votes: 195 54.8%
  • Well... my pillowcase is satin, so I don't trip if I don't...

Votes: 69 19.4%
  • HECK NO! I've fallen off the bandwagon so many times!!!

Votes: 79 22.2%
  • Sometimes...let me explain...

Votes: 41 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Girl, what kind of dryer are you using to be able to still do all of this?? With my hard hat dryer, I can only sit in two places with it (bathroom or dining room). I have taken my laptop with me while I sit under the dryer, but it's too hot in the bathroom. I also take my laptop with me in the dining but it's uncomfortable for me to have it on my lap. It's also uncomfortable for me to have it on the table cuz I have to have the dryer to the side of me and hold my head down low in order to see the screen. And I couldn't DARE watch TV with that loud thing going.

But, I think I'll have it a lot easier, like you, when I get my heating cap. Is that what you use?

lol, noo, I wish I had a heating cap.
I have the Gold n Hot tabletop dryer, and I either lay on the floor or on my bed, put the dryer on my left side (controls facing me), as close to myself as I can and lower the bonnet onto my head. I prop up my chest and head with pillows and blankets, and then go about my business. Because of the extra height from the pillows and stuff, I don't have to tilt my laptop screen so far, and I'm not putting weight on my elbows so arms are free to do stuff. If I feel hot, I plug in my fan and aim that at my face. To watch a movie, I put it on my laptop and use the in-ear headphones, like the jvc marshmallow ones.
Granted, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world and I still yearn for a Pibbs, :lol: but it gets the job done.

Ms_Twana

lol, noo, I wish I had a heating cap.
I have the Gold n Hot tabletop dryer, and I either lay on the floor or on my bed, put the dryer on my left side (controls facing me), as close to myself as I can and lower the bonnet onto my head. I prop up my chest and head with pillows and blankets, and then go about my business. Because of the extra height from the pillows and stuff, I don't have to tilt my laptop screen so far, and I'm not putting weight on my elbows so arms are free to do stuff. If I feel hot, I plug in my fan and aim that at my face. To watch a movie, I put it on my laptop and use the in-ear headphones, like the jvc marshmallow ones.
Granted, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world and I still yearn for a Pibbs, :lol: but it gets the job done.

And you don't think all that's doing too much?!?! :lachen:GIRRRL.......

I'm glad it works for ya!!! :lachen:

SmilingElephant

I'm so used to sleeping with a scarf on my head ever since i was a teenager. It feels weird not to cover my hair...but i also bought a satin pillowcase for those nights that i'm too tired to wrap it up. :yep:

BostonMaria

Yes I'm a fanatic too

I not only take care of my hair morning, noon and night... I also obsess and take care of my children's hair too. My present to my DD (she's 20) was a satin cap for her to wear at night. I even got one for my stepdaughter and she's only 13 LOL

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
My 2 year old is alseep in a stocking cap and bonnet right now. Some would call that fanatic. I just sleep in a bonnet, but I want a couple of silk/satin pillowcases. I'm also thinkng of covering my work chair and car seat in a satin pillow case.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
And you don't think all that's doing too much?!?! :lachen:GIRRRL.......

I'm glad it works for ya!!! :lachen:

....now that I think about it...yes. Yes it is doing too much.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

But it's either that or air drying/no DCing.
And I've tried both of those...my hair pretty much packed her bags and tried to run away from home. :nono:

Sapphire_chic

even at my laziest i always sleep with a satin bonnet/scarf
moisturise a few times a day and dc once a week
oh and protective style out of laziness mostly
i guess its very much a habit now, i guess i'm afraid to slip and go back to not taking care of my hair at all...now thats scary

MizAvalon

I don't have any kind of intense, complicated reggie. I just PS, lay off the heat, and keep it moving. I don't really do anything else. Well, I cover my hair at night and wash and DC on a regular basis but that's a given.

Haven't had a trim in about 3 years and my ends are fine.

BostonMaria

My 2 year old is alseep in a stocking cap and bonnet right now. Some would call that fanatic. I just sleep in a bonnet, but I want a couple of silk/satin pillowcases. I'm also thinkng of covering my work chair and car seat in a satin pillow case.

Wow now THAT'S dedication right there! LOL :grin:

My DD ran when I told her I was going to do a egg and conditioner treatment on her hair. She thought I was kidding till I started to mix it all up in a bowl.

I'm sorry but I WILL retain every damn inch of my herr even if it kils me LOL j/k

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I'm relaxed and if I slack on my hair regimen, my hair rebels. So I have to keep up with my conditioning and when I wear it straight, tie a scarf. I usually try to wash my hair at least once a week and moisturize like crazy.

lolascurls

I always sleep with a satin scarf and bonnet now:sleeping:. Have been for the duration of my healthy hair journey (which is 1 year and 3 months strong now!):clapping:
I love that I'm no BSB. I'm aiming for MBL (which funnily enough is where my bra-staps lie!:weird:

mahogany_horizons

Like another poster said, wrapping/tying up my hair at night was ingrained in me. Not just to protect the hair but to keep my style. I never go to bed with my head uncovered. And I am seriously on my ritual, wash and deep condition twice a week, and every other week one of the sessions is with heat.

Cxshortie

I always fall off the wagon. I went thru a phase where I stopped having my hair done professionally and tried to do it myself, its just seemed like it was always messed up. I can never get my hair straight myself as it would be if someone else does. I rarely see benefit from any product, therefore I have problems building and sticking to a regimen. The only thing I would say that I still do consistently since I have joined this forum is wrap my hair, if I dont wrap my hair each night, I feel like something is missing and have to get up and go do it.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

i go through phases of taking awesome care of my hair to forgetting to do every thing in the book. but once i notice any negative stuff i get right back on that band wagon lol

eta for spelling

remilaku

I don't take care of my hair religiously because hair is not my religion. God is. But to answer your question, I do take care of my hair to the fullest now. I do my treatments, I wash better, I found a better way to moisturize, I clairify the right way now. I use no heat. I take better care of my hair now. I think that I am taking care of my hair the best I have ever taken care of it.

GodivaChocolate

I'm pretty focused only because I'm trying to prove somethings to myself and i'm trying to be consistent. I even have a satin pillowcase for my toddler... If i would've been thinking, when she was first born, I would've gotten silk crib sheets lol

Last edited:

BoaterGirlKim

I follow a tight regimen except for the silk scarf. Silk won't stay on..so I tie up using my cotton ones. The minute I find a silk one that stays on and doesn't give me headaches I'll use that.

I have the same problem, especially when I wrap my hair (hate waking up with a wavy wrap!). Lord & Taylor has great scarves that are satin-ish but with less slipperiness. They are also long enough that I can double-wrap and tie a small knot below my crown so I don't have to tie the knot at my forehead and wake up with a dent in front, or tie it at my nape and end up with a dent in back. I cut the tag off the scarf, but I'll be headed there tomorrow and will check out the name brand and material make-up.

PaleoChick

Still religiously taking care of my hair AND my body as well...My mom thinks I am crazy for having a wig on. "How long are you wearing the wig?". My reply: Until my hair is longer than the wig.

BostonMaria

I knew my hair care was religious when my 20 yr old DD started to read the ingredients in conditioners, has started doing more protective styles and her hair is growing, and refuses to put anything in her hair with mineral oil.

Oh and my 13 yr old DSD (that's dear step daughter LOL) won't go to bed without a satin cap. She also stopped PULLING her hair when detangling. Well around me anyway, she knows I'll faint.

So I guess my obsession with hair has trickled down to the youngin's

ANUBIS

yeah i have been slacking off lately like not moisturizing daily and havent DC'd in 3 or 4 months...the only "suffering" i experience is that my hair doesnt gain any length but it doesnt lose any either. But it it frustrating to come on the board and see all these wonderous updates and i am about an inch longer than i was a year ago...but its my fault. If i did what i was supposed to do i would be TBL by now :(

MJ

I am.

When you've been striving for a goal for more than seven years, as I have. At some point, you realize that you have to stop kidding yourself and that you will never get to where you want to be without committment and discipline.

That's where I am in my hair journey. My regimen is the simpliest it has ever been, but I'm also more disciplined. It could be that I'm more disciplined because my regimen is simplier. Regardless, I'm doing what I need to retain the length I gain.

I'm keeping my eyes on the prize—BSL, and I'm getting there mm by mm.

destine2grow

I don't go to sleep with out my satin wrap. I make it a mission to keep it close by. I carry it in my purse every where I go!

Bene

I read the thread title and thought, "Well, I'm not praying over my hair if that's the question" :D

But no, I don't wear a sleep cap or have satin/silk pillow cases. I take a no-fuss approach to my hair, so I leave it alone. Benign neglect.

chebaby

speaking of taking care of my hair, im off to do a much needed scalp massage. its been more than a month since i did one.

bridgeback2life

I joined here in such a panic. Once I started to take better care of my hair, it responded very, very nicely. I also take time and go to the beautician once a week, every two weeks. My first instinct was to buy EVERYTHING I saw raves about. Now I stick to a few tried and true products, my vitamins, home care, and my salon. It works if you work it.

Thank you for this wonderful space on the net. I love visiting here.

Jhuidah

I have found that if I am consistent, my hair thanks me by behaving the way I want/expect it to, and by looking great. If I slack off, I see it--so that motivates me to stay on top of my regimen.

_belle

as soon as I come in the house, I tie up my hair AND my pillows are satin. I guess I am making up for lost time. plus I am wearing wigs these days. . . but ALWAYS tied up/wrapped up.

Zawaj

I took some time off of the haircare game but I'm back on the grind ;). I'm on it more for health as opposed to length. I thought I was doing everything right but my ends were still jacked so I've doubled my efforts. I've lost about 3 inches because of raggedy ends already this year :nono: