Horrible salon experience....Again!

gmurphy562

Hey Ladies

I'm normally not as active on the forum but I just had to come and share with everyone my personal experience at the salon over this past weekend. It was horrible and after everything was said and done I kinda felt bad for flying off the handle like I did. Let me know what you guys think, Did I overreact in both situtations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76ovpksW18

skipper

no i hate when stylists rake through my hair, this is not weave, so please handle with care.

and there are always other people in the salon that have to put their 2 cents in it drives me nuts.

supermodelsonya

I don't know...I'm on the fence. Its like I know you expect professionals to know what they are doing but I worked in salons and I saw bad hair practices that would make me squeal today...back then, I didn't bat an eyelash.

I just say try to find a stylist that works for you. It will be a task but they are out there.
We all learn new things about hair all the time and we can't expect the rest of the world to follow suit.

LushLox

If you're paying for a service stylists should respect how you wish your hair to be handled and treated. More people need to find courage and not give in to these people.

gmurphy562

Thanks Yall

what really makes me angry is that I go there at least 3-4 times a year and this was the first blow up I had. My stylist wasn't the problem, it was the shampoo/blow dry girl and that nosey co-worker I had the issues with.

Lucky's Mom

I am sorry for your bad expereince.....

Why Why do you go back - if EVERY time is Bad/Awful???

I have learned many lessons - the hard way...

Good luck my dear.

supermodelsonya

^^ Exactly. If you know what YOU want and how YOU like your hair, then do it yourself.
That's what I do. I go to others to braid my hair and do my sew ins but when it comes to MY hair...I do it.

I understand that the OP was mostly having a problem with the assistant and some other chick co-signing but this is a recurring problem, try doing it yourself.

lilsparkle825

Hey you're ol girl's sister, I like your micros/tracks video!

Sorry you had a bad experience!

ETA: When you jumped towards the camera I could see exactly what you were thinking...THAT WAS FUNNY! I would have reacted the same way. Clearly if you were able to shampoo and DC your own hair...and you HAVE hair...she doesn't need to be questioning your dusting skills. Some people, man.

Last edited:

Almaz

So sorry for that bad experience. Just keep doing your own hair. hopefully you will find someone that is professional. No I dont' think that you were over reacting.

LaLaa

Its good you spoke up! But no one will take care of your hair like you would unless they care.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
gmurphy562: I was a weekly client at a Salon for over 4 years. And this woman left my relaxer on while she worked on 2 other clients (who weren't even regular clients! However, I had essentially put complete and total control of my hair in the hands of someone else.

Needless to say, in a matter of 1-2 months, all my hair fell out. Right now, I have patches, bald spots, dry hair and severe breakage. But....Since I've been here on the LCHF my hair is starting to recover. I have been taking extremely good care of my hair myself. No, it doesn't have that fresh salon look, and no, I still haven't mastered alot of the techniques, but I have peace of mind and I don't mind spending the $ on good products and using them myself with the help of these ladies on this board. And next time my hair suffers, I will know exactly who did it and exactly what happened. Your Salon Experience is suppose to be totally relaxing -- when it starts causing you pain, Move On.