Good Salon Experience

Mrs. Verde

I know a lot of people post about their bad experiences at the salon, but I thought I would share a nice experience I had last week. I was visiting my mother in Palmdale, CA. I went to a salon someone suggested. The women who shampooed my hair was Latina. My stylist (Shannon) was running behind so she asked the Latina stylist to wash me. I am natural and when I arrived I had conditioner in my head. I have to admit I was giving her the side eye when Shannon asked her to wash me. I gave her a bigger side eye and attitude when she attempted to comb my hair with dried up conditioner in it.:nono::nono: I jumped up quick and told her that I would lose too much hair if she did that, she needed to comb me out after she washed and conditioned my hair. I also asked her to use a big tooth comb.

She was not very happy with me, but did as I requested. I thought she would take out her anger on my hair, but she was actually very gentle. I lost very little hair. Overall I had good experience. If anyone is interested in the name of the salon, pm me.

charmtreese

I'm glad you had a good salon visit and posted about it, nice to hear something positive about a stylist for a change!

fletgee

Yes, it was a good experience.

But what I liked even better was that when something happened that you were not happy about you spoke up about it. Too many times woman grin and bear it while their locks are suffering. And snapping.

You reminded me of something my sister once said to me:

"Don't just stand there. Say something. You buying, you ain't begging!"

Great job!