How Are You Ladies Growing Your Edges ??

JC-Junkie

Hello Ladies !!! I was just wondering how you guys are growing in or have grown in your edges. My edges aren't too bad, but I would definately like to thicken them up a bit :yep: I'll post pics of my edges very soon :) What products or techniques.methods are you using?

TIA and HHG Ladies !!!

SimJam

well I have my fathers hairline - its dificult to explain but my edges are whispy and fuzzy.

now that Im natural this has been the thickest and longest they have ever been.
Right now Im use sulphur oil and MN on my edges and wear no tension hairtyles its the only way.

Im also experimenting with nettle and marsmallow oil - I soaked the dried herbs in warm jojoba oil

JC-Junkie

Thanks ! Yes now that I'm natural my edges are much thicker than before but it still needs some help :yep:

More replies are welcome ladies !

grow

i've been using jbco with thyme, cedarwood, rosemary and lavender eo's added to it.

it's been helping, but it's a slow process. my edges have taken alot of damage.

i also sleep with a bag and a bonnet over the bag that is turned inside out.
i flip the edges of the bag over the bonnet so that i don't have any rough edges around my edges while they get the extra moisture.
i turn the bonnet inside out for the same reason.

i'm texlaxed but only put the perm on my edges at the very last minute before rinsing and over the summer, i touched up without touching the edges at all.

great thread!

davisbr88

My hairline has been this way since birth because I have my mother's/grandmother's feathery thin hair in the front, but I am experimenting with a mixture of castor and peppermint oils until the end of the year to see if I can improve them, even though it's genetic.

curlyninjagirl

I can't really recommend this technique yet, because it's sort of an experiment I only just came up with, but....

I sort of have this "hair halo" from back when I was rockin' the micro braids a lil too hard and have been considering solutions on how to remedy this. Then I wondered, when's the last time I actually trimmed this area? A year ago? Never?? So, I trimmed the short hairs to almost half it's original length.

If this method works, and I finally retain any length in these areas, I will definitely be singing it from the rooftops.:crossfingers:

makeupgirl

My edges are thick now since I did the BC last October. When I moisturize my hair, I just make sure I get the edges as well. Even though when I do a full baggy my shower cap will be half off when I get up but my ends are still moisturized so i'm not really worried but just continue to moisturize it is my advice.

JC-Junkie

Thank ladies ! Just one question, what is jbco ? Is it jojoba oil ?

I've started baggying sort of, where I just moisturise my hair with my water-based mix and then place a bag over my hair :yep: This way my hair is still moist.

I find that my temple area are the area which are a little thin and the help.

Anymore replies ??

makeupgirl

Thank ladies ! Just one question, what is jbco ? Is it jojoba oil ?

I've started baggying sort of, where I just moisturise my hair with my water-based mix and then place a bag over my hair :yep: This way my hair is still moist.

I find that my temple area are the area which are a little thin and the help.

Anymore replies ??

jbco is Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I heard this is pretty good too. I'm just so used to olive oil and I just found out that my grandmother uses it too for her hair and skin.

bride91501

For the last month or so, I've been experimenting with a neosporin & castor oil mix. I apply this to my edges nightly, after I moisturize. The method was recommended by another LHCF member....I'm sorry I don't remember her name- I'm terrible with names! But if you do a search and put in "neosporin", you'll see her thread.

She got great results, and mine are looking pretty good too, but I'm not taking pics until the end of the month. Cross your fingers- I plan to post the results then :)

Moisture, Moisture and More Moisture! I am using Emu Oil, JBCO, My Oil Mix, and Organic Root Stimulater Fertilizing Serum. I also deep condish almost everyday.I have hair growing in my nape and in my edges now! The rest of my hair is getting thicker and stronger and softer!

Last edited:

D.Lisha

Great thread op!
Recently i've began applying my mix of MT & Hot six oil to my edges when I Moisturize and seal each night.
It's kinda early on for me to tell if it's really working, but I will be sure to keep you posted :yep:
Also, @Natural Hair Stylist is that YOU in your siggy? If so your hair is AMAZING :thud:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i use castor oil on my edges religiously.
i'm a big fan of smoothed edges, so i make sure i use a soft baby brush so i don't damage them.

Chocolatelove2010

I mix Castor oil with Jasmine Oil. I use them daily

I wish I had a before pic for Ya'll.... sorry.

But I've definitely seen my edges grow, and I'm even getting sideburns :lol:

Attachments

• edges.jpg
    edges.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17

hair4romheaven

Nioxin Follicule bo,oster did it for me then Moisture,moisture & more moisture. I also use natures blessing mixed with jbco. My edges doesn't like the products I use on the rest of my hair. It's weird. I also wash my edges every other day with just water. I do it while washing my face. i may dab sone conditioner on there prior to washing. This has grew my edges in completely.
Hth

silenttullip

When I was relaxed I had a thick hairline... Since I've been natural my hairline is much thinner... I'm using jbco to help... It is a slow process