How can I get this style for a wedding?*pic included*

Beauty4Ashes

Hey Ladies - I've been trying to avoid starting a thread about this b/c I'm not great with responding to each and every post but I really need your help!

I will be in a wedding on Aug 15th. I have been transitioning since Dec. 13th, so I am basically 8 months in my transition. I currently have braids but I really don't want them for the wedding, although it is an option as a last resort.

I've been watching youtube videos galore, but can someone tell me how to achieve this style? I really want to do my own hair...I am capable of sew in weaves, micros, etc. Or I can figure out how to achieve a technique by watching videos......PLEASE HELP!!!!

ETA: My natural hair is 4z and I have really damaged relaxed ends (they won't hold a curl at all) I am looking to add hair, I'm just not sure of which technique to use for this style

DISCLAIMER: I will try to respond to each post but please note that I GREATLY appreciate EACH post and I thank you in advance for any advice you can give:yawn:

Last edited:

CarolinaGal

Roller set the top with larger rollers and then medium ones in the middle and bottom. Brush the top swoop smoothe and fluff the bottom. Flatiron the top roots if needed. That way you'll get the smooth wave at top and curls in the rest. HTH.

Beauty4Ashes

Thanks Carolinagirl!

So do I need a sew in, braids, quick weave or what? There's no way I can leave any of my real hair out. This is probably my main dilemma:spinning:

CarolinaGal

I don't know anything about weaves, but I think a weave could work. I assumed that this style would be achieved on your own hair. But a weave or wig could give the same style. I am 100% natural and I have done rollersets. I will try to put a pic of my last rollerset in my profile so you can see.

SilentRuby

For a quick weave, you would have to gel the hair down in a wrap wouldn't you (not saying it's the healthiest hair care practice but I remember seeing that done when a friend of mine got a quick weave) to make it flat.

IMO, if you can braid your hair without ripping it all out, I think the sew-in would be a better option.

Beauty4Ashes

Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like my options are a partial sew in with micros, a partial quickweave, or just a regular partial sew in.