my hair wont DYE!!!!!!!

Almeta16

This is my second time trying to dye my hair. I am using Clairol Semi Permanent, Ive tried it the "waiting 25 minutes" way, and I tried it "10 minutes under a hood dryer with plastic cap" way. It still doesn't work. Why not????
The color I'm trying to dye it is like a brownish/maroon type color. and my natural hair color is like a dark brown/black.What is the problem??

flowinlocks

It sounds like you are using a semipermanent rinse. A rinse will not lift. It will only deposit color. If the rinse is lighter than your natural color then it won't show up. You will be able to see the highlights when you stand in the sun, but that's about it. If you want the color more intense, you either have to prelighten your hair then apply the rinse, or use a permanent color.

chebaby

i've recently used natural instincs semi perm color and it didnt take either. im just going to take the plunge and go with a perminant color.
i think semi color is only good if you want to go darker, not lighter.

does anyone know how long i should wait before going with the permanant color when i just did a semi 3 days ago??? OP might need to know this as well.

flowinlocks

i've recently used natural instincs semi perm color and it didnt take either. im just going to take the plunge and go with a perminant color.

does anyone know how long i should wait before going with the permanant color when i just did a semi 3 days ago??? OP might need to know this as well.

Are you trying to go lighter or darker?:look: Sorry for the Hijack.

gymfreak336

If you used natural instincts then you need to wait a month since it technically is demi permanent.

Esq.2B

OP you should use a dye if you're trying to dye your hair. It appears that you've been using a rinse.

Transformer

Is this your first application of a color. You're trying to go lighter with a rinse, plus if you have a dark color applied already....forget about it!

flowinlocks

trying to go lighter.

I don't know what color rinse you used, but be aware that when trying to go lighter the hair will (pull) whatever base color that's in that rinse. Even after a month, Black and Red are 2 of the hardest colors to remove from the hair. I have done both, but it takes a lot of lifting. Something I'm sure you might not want to do. If you were going darker than the rinse you applied, I would say give it a few weeks, after a few shampoos. Not only would the permanent color cover any existing rinse, it would also lessen the chance for damage since you would be depositing color only. HTH