How can I salvage this instant weave?

3 days ago, I purchased a nice instant weave, "Barbara" by Outre Hair.:

As you can see, it has a nice water wave texture. I loved it. But, out of the box, it didn't look like this. The curls weren't combed through. So, dumb me took a brush and went to town. Well, now it doesn't look like the above picture. It kind of has that Beyonce big hair look at the end of one of her concerts. I would like to get it back to the puicture above and am wondering how I can do that? I'm afraid to wet it. Should I try to detangle it, wet it and hope the waves come back? Should I try to set it on some rollers (if so, what size? ) or do I need to just cut my losses and go back to the BSS and start over? :( It's Kanekalon or Toyokalon synthetic. I think Toyo....TIA!

Absolutely any suggestions are welcome. Even if you've had a wavy regular weave or a wavy extension hair for braiding, how would you get it back to that original curl pattern.

glamazon386

Dont brush it at all bc it'll make it frizzy. Just put the mousse on and kind of twirl the curls with your fingers and scrunch the length. You should see the curls start to bounce back from the scrunching.

OK, I got it! I just applied it to the wig and already it's coming back to life. It's drying now but I think she'll be aiight. Thank you so much for your help!:D

JazzyDez

also make sure that you are using a wide tooth brush (the plastic kind sorry not sure what they are called) I just call it a weave brush, not the boar bristle kind. And always wet it or spray some kind of weave/wig conditioner and start from the bottom and work your way up to remove any tangles. (this is coming from the queen of instant weaves) It does wonders for detangling and it doesnt get all matted looking. I wore my last one for 2 months and it was still looking good. I only got a new one because I had my touch up...(you know fresh relaxer fresh weave) :cool:

glamazon386

I'm glad it worked out for you. That mousse has helped me revive quite a few instant weaves. I never use a brush on the synthetic ones unless it's the straight hair, and I use one of those paddle brushes. I think that's what they're called. It kind of looks like a doll brush.