how come relaxers make my hair thin..

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
What do you mean my thin?

When I get a relaxer my hair is thinner and then when I wash it goes back to its usual. Do you mean something like that?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
its the same as when you flat iron hair. I noticed when I flat iron my hair, it's much thinner. Its because the process breaks down the molecules in your hair to change it's structure.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Your hair could just not be as dense as you might think. Or, you just may need a wash before it fluffed back up. My hair usually took around a couple weeks before it got some life again.

TLC1020

Yes, what others have said but it could also be the brand and strength of the relaxers. Regular can be strong as well depending on the brand you use.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
You can always consider texlaxing.

Or, to give your relaxed hair fuller appearance, comb it forward (think Don King) and then comb it back lightly so as to not remove all the volume. (learned this from my stylist)

Kindheart

When your hair is straight it loses volume therefore appears "flat " and thin . You can try rollersetting to give it a bit of volume.
My hair is very full when in its natural state but its actually quite low in density so when i straighten it it flattens out and appears thinner.