How do you measure thickness?

growingbrown

How can you tell if you have thick or thin hair? My hair seems thick when I blow dry it but when I flat iron it, it seems thin. Can you show and tell???

growingbrown said:
How can you tell if you have thick or thin hair? My hair seems thick when I blow dry it but when I flat iron it, it seems thin. Can you show and tell???

I read somewhere to do it this way: put your hair in a pony tail and measure the thickness of the pony. If it is less than an inch in ponytail thickness, it is considered "thin". I will try to find where I read it and post the details for you.

Royal Glory said:
I read somewhere to do it this way: put your hair in a pony tail and measure the thickness of the pony. If it is less than an inch in ponytail thickness, it is considered "thin". I will try to find where I read it and post the details for you.

Is that on wet or dry hair?

Royal Glory said:

Makes sense!:lol:

Royal Glory said:

Is this by measuring the circumference or the diameter?

Royal Glory said:

What she said.

I don't think it will matter about the scrunchi because you are measuring the hair further down. If you have layers, try to get as much hair in the pony as possible for a true representation.

My hair strands seem FINE in texture, but I have a zillion :eek: strands on my head!

So my ponytail is FAT, but if I look at one strand - it is not thick. Does this make sense :confused:

CurliDiva said:
My hair strands seem FINE in texture, but I have a zillion :eek: strands on my head!

So my ponytail is FAT, but if I look at one strand - it is not thick. Does this make sense :confused:

CurliDiva, I get what you're saying. I think that has to do with density. You can have thin strands but if you have a lot of them, your hair is very dense.

To the OP - Yeah you can tell by the diameter of the pony. I believe the size of a quarter or larger is thick hair. The size of a dime or smaller is thin. I guess if you're in the middle your hair is medium. My hair is thin. :(

Last edited:
CurliDiva said:

mines is like this too....My strands are medium- fine...and then add that to infinite strands :lol:

Back