How did you bring your thinning hair back to life?

kedra70

I'm having some problems with my hair thinning out. How did you bring your hair back to life? Did you use Nioxin? Natural products? Any special conditioner concoctions? Any info would be helpful. I've been relaxing my hair for 12 years now and this is the first time I've had this problem. My hair is 4a I think.

Kedra

Isis

Kedra70-

I don't have thin hair but I do know from experience (and many ladies here have done this) is that drinking carrot juice daily will thicken your hair in a very short period of time. I've learned the recommended dosage (from alternative health sources) of 2 ounces of carrot juice per day works very well and you'll see the difference in your hair in about a week. It doesn't hurt to drink more but then it becomes a detox and that's when the skin color changes (detox of liver). In two weeks I received comments from coworkers and family on my hair about how much thicker it is. Of course I noticed it too and was very pleased.

If you decided to try this, all you need is a good juicer that will extract juice from carrots (not all will) or you can buy carrot juice from the health food store and many grocery stores sell it. There are threads about this in the Hair Recipe forum and in this forum under Unconvential Ways To Grow Long, Healthy Hair:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=175016&Forum=f2&Words="carrot%20juice"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=174964&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=3447&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post175016

Tracy

I used 1000mgs of Pantothenic Acid with good results. I used to have painfully thin hair - my hair's natural tendency is to grow out thin. I've slacked off a little in the past year and notice the difference.

Isis

What other benefits did you notice with Pantothenic Acid, Tracy? I'm thinking about taking some.

LABETT

I am trying out Jasons Thin to Thick Shampoo and Conditioner
using it about a month now and can tell a difference.
I also changed from Puritan's Pride b5 to Solaray b5 I take
2000mg a day.
Do you guys think conditioner washes help also I just started doing them.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
try to avoid getting a relaxer for as long as you can by getting braids or some other protective style. i did this for about 6 months and i had plenty of thick new growth and chopped off about 4 inches of dead lifeless hair and now it is full and healthy

pookeylou

I stopped relaxing, started using Roseamary spritz, then used Surge and now use my own combination of Surge and Rosemary Hair Oil Blend. No pooing and no heat helped too.

mstasha

someone told me that lye relaxers will thin the hair, has anyone heard that ? I thought I was taking such good care of me hair and it's starting to break for no reason. i was thinking it was the relaxer and was thinking about a hair cut.

aqualung

Re: How did you bring your thinning hair back to l

[ QUOTE ]
mstasha said:
someone told me that lye relaxers will thin the hair, has anyone heard that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's true of relaxers in general, hydroxide and ammonium based. The mechanical and chemical damage involved in relaxing hair compromises it.

Lee

I brought my thinning hair back to life, by doing conditioner washes. I used pantene S&S for the washes and my hair started to thicken and the broken pieces at the nape of my hair is now all filled in. Now the filled in pieces are actually gaining length. Becasue of this I have no more bald spots from constantly wearing weaves without taking care of my own hair. Never again. Now I'm actually in love with my hair.

webby

Think Slim

I cut all my hair off and started all over. It's drastic, but it got to the point where I couldn't tell if I was seeing normal shed or more breakage.