How Do We Measure Our Hair???

CocoaCure

What is our standard for measuring? I've seen some people measure from the tip of their hairline in the front down the back to the ends, while others measure from the top of their heads down to the ends in the back, and I was measuring from the very back "kitchen" from the root to the ends in the back. So I was thinking I had like 8 inches and I'm about 2 inches past shoulder length, yet if I measured from front of hairline to ends I'd have like 20 1/2. So someone please educate me and let me know our LHCF standard of measurement so I can measure correctly. Thanks a bunch!!

Mariaat40

I don't know that there is an LCHF "standard mesaurment" system. From what I can see, different people measure differently. I measure from hairline to ends, others from scalp to ends, and others from scalp to ends on several parts of their head. It really depends on what works for you. Often when people give their hair measurements they say "from hairline to ends", or whatever. That's helpful because it gives us a clearer picture of the actual length.

asummertyme

yeah i was taught from hair line to ends b/c, you hair line does not move , and if you were to measure from scalp to ends you may not remember the same spot u measured from b4, so i think it is pretty accurate.....

Marseeya

i dont think there is a standard.. seems everyone uses their measurement of choice I tend to lean more towards scalp center point in the back of my head. but like others I would mention the location point of measurement

MoezThunder

I measure from crown to ends. I do this because I have long layers, so measuring from the hairline would not be accurate for me 'cuz the hair is not a single length.

CocoaCure

When people say "hairline" do they mean from the front hairline?? I think I'll start meausuring from the crown - the very top of my head to the bottom of my ends in the back and just make sure I say where I'm measuring from. Thanks you guys for all your posts! I wasn't sure if there was a standardized method of measurement for us or not. I'm not, sorry if I ask stupid questions sometimes!! Thanks! :)