How do you all retain length in the Kitchen area?

PinkPeony

Cayenne0622 said:
P.S. If you don't relax your nape, how do you bun it, etc. without it looking kinky as compared to the rest of your relaxed head? Help.
I stopped relaxing my nape a few months ago and I just leave it as it is since it's to short yet to pin it up... see siggy.:)

mochamadness

Going the Distance
kandi1280 said:

See my prblem is the exact opposite. My nape hairs usually are the driest. So when the hair is longer and I comb it, they *snap* off.

Maybe I should not relax the nape but moisturize it a little heavier then I do the rest of my hair?? - hmmm I think I will give this a try.

Thank you VW!

I think you're on to something w/ the bolded. I had to completely stop relaxing my nape and began heavily moisturizing that area at least twice a day for months. Once I did that, my nape took off and caught up to the rest of my hair and has continued to flourish.

caribeandiva

Human being
great thread! i'm having the same problem. i noticed that my nape (especially the right side) was breaking when my mom was applying my last relaxer. i was at my wit's end. i think i'm gonna try moisturizing 2x daily instead of one and not relaxing it. it's the coarsest area of my hair though.