How do you clarify color treated hair?

Millahdoowop

Without stripping the color. I'm getting highlights next week and I want to be able to clarify my hair without the color fading. Any suggestions? TIA.

HoneyDew

You want to get a clarifying shampoo that is sulfate-free. I read that sulfates can strip the color. Kenra clarifying is what I use and although it does contains Sodium Myreth Sulfate, they advertise that it "Deeply cleanses to remove dulling deposits without drying hair or harming color".

I have never used ACV rinses so I don't know how they are with color treated hair.

metalkitty

Hi, I like Elasta QP Scalp Stimulating shampoo for weekly clarifying or Paves No Sulphates Allowed Shampoo for big jobs.

Candy_C

Millah03 said:
Without stripping the color. I'm getting highlights next week and I want to be able to clarify my hair without the color fading. Any suggestions? TIA.

i say use a regular shampoo, add a few drops of tea tree oil to it and voila! natural and clarifies nicely :)

naturaline

i like to use dax veggie oil shampoo not sure if it says its clarifying on the bottle (i think is does) but it always gets every bit of product out my hair while leaving the colour (see my album) and adding moisture. they do it in a small bottle for under £1 so you can try it out with out the waste of money if it doenst suit you...

HTH.