How do you "court" online?

inthepink

Since I'm not in many situations to meet Christian men,I do feel that I need to be"out there" in some way.So, that would be Christian "dating" sites. My subscription to eHarmony ended today so I renewed my subscription to another Christian dating site.

But how do you "court" online? What are ways to get to know someone in a friendly way without getting too attached? How do I guard my heart? How soon do you meet someone?

Renewed1

I would think it would be similiar if you were courting face to face. Besides the online courting will only last for a short while before you meet him.

Me I plan to stay prayerful and keep my head.

kayte

But how do you "court" online?
Courting most likely or realistically is NOT done online unless
you plan on being a mail-order bride:lachen:
Screening,rather, is done online....

What are ways to get to know someone in a friendly way without getting too attached?

One way is to release expectations or traps of romance, and see the
getting to know you process as way of determining a new friend...
so in action...for me that means
1.go slow....
2.keep balanced ..that means
3.limit contact for balance otherwise..if I speak or email the person all the time....by default it will automatically feel like a relationship and set up attachment expectations.... instead of still getting to know the person..
4.meet or date on YOUR terms
5.keep it casual ..keep it light ..and remember what ever comes up with him
good or bad..do not take it personally ..just say...okay this is more information about this man....
6.for me it's much easier dating a few men than one...it's more challenging multi-dating..but
it works as only one guy makes it feel more like an exclusive relationship..when ..it's..not
7.KEEP INVOLVED IN YOUR OWN LIFE
girlfriends,church,active social life apart from the guy

How do I guard my heart? How soon do you meet someone?
give your heart when it is safe...and feels prayerfully right and when he has given his
that usually takes time ..see if you LIKE him first as a wonderful trusted friend
who is honest and trustworthy and desrving of your innermost feelings

How soon do you meet someone?
As soon as you want! obviously you've screened him and there's enough interest to warrant a face to face and see if it could go further..
sometimes I have met people right away or after a few emails or a fter a few months
the key word is MEET...nothing else....
even if it's a date

very public place...
a pre-determined time with an exit time
casual
getting more information face to face
see if you even want to have more contact or another date
you can change your mind once you meet and get up to LEAVE ANYTIME YOU WANT

Lastly... have fun!!

Last edited: