Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Put conditioner on wet hair and rinse

Votes: 100 82.6%
  • Other

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Truth

Both really... on my regular days I rinse wit water thoroughly apply co like a shampoo and let it sit....shower and then rinse... on the days I detangle I go the DC route, it just makes life easier for me to detangle if I do it that way..

classychic1908

Ok, so I'm just a tid bit confused. So what exactly is cones for....slip only? I've read some ladies DC with it. ? I understand that difficulty the strand will have absorbing moisture....somewhat. Is there a cone free condish that will give slip to a nappy head such as mine? :ohwell: I need something that's going to assist me with managing my new growth....as of right now I can't make it past 8 weeks. :nono:

I had a lot more to say/ask but a coworker started talking to me and I lost my train of thought....what? do they think I came to work to work? LOL jus kiddin' :lachen:

Cones can offer a lot of slip, but in my opinion it may be best to avoid them if you don't regularly clarify. Some people have had breakage and dryness issues that resulted from overuse of cones without regular clarifying.
I almost exclusively cowash so I would recommend either adding oils to your co wash conditioner if your hair likes oils, or trying the kiya fizzle, which my hair loves. I add a teaspoon of conditioner to my nature's gate jojoba condish, apply it to my hair in sections, clip up in a shower cap, let it sit while I shower and then detangle in sections under the shower head. This has given me the most slip ever. I then add additional moisturizing conditioner and leave it in. This is my big detangle cowash day. I also DC overnight on dry hair and rinse and go as well as use my DC as a leave in. I only detangle once a week, and usually I only cowash once but sometimes twice.

I hope that made sense...:look:

prisytomboy

Cones can offer a lot of slip, but in my opinion it may be best to avoid them if you don't regularly clarify. Some people have had breakage and dryness issues that resulted from overuse of cones without regular clarifying.
I almost exclusively cowash so I would recommend either adding oils to your co wash conditioner if your hair likes oils, or trying the kiya fizzle, which my hair loves. I add a teaspoon of conditioner to my nature's gate jojoba condish, apply it to my hair in sections, clip up in a shower cap, let it sit while I shower and then detangle in sections under the shower head. This has given me the most slip ever. I then add additional moisturizing conditioner and leave it in. This is my big detangle cowash day. I also DC overnight on dry hair and rinse and go as well as use my DC as a leave in. I only detangle once a week, and usually I only cowash once but sometimes twice.

I hope that made sense...:look:

Sense = :yep: Thank you.

One more question....sorry. where can i find the Kiya Fizzle and Nature's Gate? I think I just seen Nature's Gate somewhere....I think it was Whole Foods....I've been looking at hair care supplies sooo much its start to run together. :lachen:

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!!!!!

classychic1908

You're so welcome! I love the environment of sharing at LHCF!!
I buy nature's gate at the vitamin shoppe, they have the best prices I've seen aside from the internet. I also buy my Aubrey Organics white camellia from there as well, (use it to DC and leave in). You can search the threads on Kiya Fizzle, I think people have their own ratios of salt to conditioner and acid. I use 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to about a palmful (maybe more) of conditioner. I mix them in a bowl and apply to my hair in sections. Depending on the conditioner it works better if you add a half teaspoon of acv as well as the salt. If I use the white camellia in a rinse out fashion, I add acv and salt. The kiya fizzle has been a miracle to my hair. If you try it let me know what you think.

Vonnieluvs08

Most times I cowash in the shower. I get my hair nice and wet then slather on a cheapie condish esp in the summer or one of my better ones now that I need moisture since my natural hair gets really dry in the winter. I usually detangle when I cowash.

When I'm wearing lots of WNGs or being lazy I will dry DC with heat then follow it with a quick cowash to detangle. I prefer to DC after cowashing but it works out either way.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I mostly only co wash in the spring and summer and when I do, I wet my hair in the shower first, apply conditioner, then rinse. Anything after that is deep condition and not co washing IMO.

natural_one

I co-wash as i would if it was shampoo. I apply it to my scalp and give a little scrub. apply it all over and let it sit a while then rinse. I have never tried it on dry hair..