Votes: 31 11.0%
  • With steam

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 57 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Minty

I don't overnight anything with conditioner - its bad for my scalp to have that kind of sustained moisture and product, it gives me the itchies so badly.

I DC 2x a week consistently (mostly now I use steam, but before it would be with heat, or just left on for approx an hour or two)

KurlyNinja

I use to DC with heat for about half an hour, but nothing compares to DC overnight. To me it does make a difference. Plus I usually don't have time during the day to just sit for hours on time DC my hair. Doing it overnight is the best option for me since I wash my hair every day anyway.

Vashti

Usually I deep condition my hair for 30 minutes to 45 minutes with a shower cap and a towel wrapped around that. I usually only DC overnight if I'm really tired and don't feel like rinsing it out that day. I use Renpure Silk Protein, Pomegranate and Olive Leaf Extract conditioner or HE Hello Hydration conditioner for overnight DCing.

I don't do the overnight thing very often so i don't know if it's better but my hair always feels and looks soft and well hydrated looks great when I DC overnight. But this is also true when I DC for 30 minutes too.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I haven't DC'd with my heating cap lately out of sheer laziness. But for the past few weeks when I DC, I just mix a regular conditioner with some olive oil (I may pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up a tinge) apply it to freshly washed hair and put on a shower cap. Sometimes I'll rinse after 30 minutes or other times I'll fall asleep and rinse it out the next morning. With my most recent DC from Sunday, I did an overnight DC with conditioner and olive oil.

Ms_Twana

I haven't DC'd with my heating cap lately out of sheer laziness. But for the past few weeks when I DC, I just mix a regular conditioner with some olive oil (I may pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up a tinge) apply it to freshly washed hair and put on a shower cap. Sometimes I'll rinse after 30 minutes or other times I'll fall asleep and rinse it out the next morning. With my most recent DC from Sunday, I did an overnight DC with conditioner and olive oil.

Priss, girl, look at your hair. It is so long and pretty. I remember when you first cut it!!! :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
DCing on dry hair is one thing that I haven't tried yet. I may try that next. What do you use when you DC on dry hair?

AO conditioners, at least the one I've tried Honeysuckle Rose and Island Naturals work pretty well on dry hair, as per the instructions on the bottle :yep:

n_vizion

Probably between 30-45 minutes but I pre-poo with conditioner and oil and allow that to sit for 3o minutes as well. I've seen some good progress using this technique.

lovelexi

usually i do one hour or more without heat. but my last two washes i tried the first 10 mins with heat then just waited around 30 more minutes or so. i like without heat better.

bride91501

[/QUOTE] Sometimes I do overnight baggying. Sometimes, I do 1 1/2 hours with a baggy while I workout and let my body heat work.[/QUOTE]

I do this too! I DC with a baggy underneath my satin scarf a couple of hours before I work out. Then I go work out (hard lol!) and then shower and rinse when I get back home. My hair seems to love it!

YasashiiSekai

i just recently started with heat, but i used to do 45 without.

i still DC for 45 minutes, but now i do 30 mins with heat, and 15 without... i just get too tired of the heat cap being on my head.

Missjae09

It depents on how much time I have on my hands. If I don't have much going on I will DC over night or for a few hours while I'm doing chores aroudn the house, if i want to go ahead and get it over with I'll sit under my steamer for about 15-20 mins. When it comes to DC I think the most important thing is you allow the conditioner time to be absorbed into your hair no natter which method you use.

(I'm currently on a steam challenge so I'm steaming at least once a week for moisture)

NIN4eva

Overnight at least once per week with Aubrey Organics HSR, under plastic wrap. I can't get back into the shower after I've already been out for like an hour. Drives me crazy.

drappedup

I do with heat for 30 or more minutes.

I am starting to get curious about all this steam talk, though. For those who have done both steam and heat, what are the differences you notice?!?

ThickRoot

I voted less than 30 minutes with heat. But it depends, some days it's 30 minutes under the dryer, and some days I put a plastic cap on and a hat on top of that and walk around for an hour doing housework or something. I tried the overnight baggying thing once or twice, I do not do that anymore I can't stand having my hair wet and gushy and I'm trying to sleep.

cch24

For the past few months I have been applying deep conditioner to my wet hair every Friday morning and then putting my hair in a bun. Friday night I take my hair down, apply oil in 4 sections, and then spritz my hair with water to reactivate the product. I call it "deep bunning" and it's been working wonderfully and takes way less time out of my day.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Depends on how tired I am....sometimes I will do a dual heat/no heat, sometimes 30 mins with heat, and sometimes 1-2 hours without heat....I think I'm going to start doing my hair Sundays after church and let it sit for a couple of hours....without heat...

iri9109

i'm torn because i used to DC overnight w/ phenomal results...but once i started DC'ing with heat it took the cake...but i dont always have time or feel like sitting under the dryer...a couple weeks ago i found a quick fix that i probably wont do every week but i mixed aussie moist 3 minute miracle and honey and i think either grapeseed or castor oil and put it on my hair in the shower then put a showercap on and let the hot water run over it for 5-10 minutes and my hair was sooooo soft and defined afterwards

SLOGRO

i'm torn because i used to DC overnight w/ phenomal results...but once i started DC'ing with heat it took the cake...but i dont always have time or feel like sitting under the dryer...a couple weeks ago i found a quick fix that i probably wont do every week but i mixed aussie moist 3 minute miracle and honey and i think either grapeseed or castor oil and put it on my hair in the shower then put a showercap on and let the hot water run over it for 5-10 minutes and my hair was sooooo soft and defined afterwards

I use this same method with the same ingredients, but i dc for 45 mins 20 with heat 25 without and i get that butta feel everytime.

AvaSpeaks

Once a week for about 1-2 hours, usually about 1 hour now because my hair is not as damage as it used to be :strong:

But I use ORS Hair Mayo and I put a shower cap on my head! I also part my hair in sections and just let it set for like 1 hour and then rinse. Again, I only deep condition once a week and so far it's been working for me and my hair type :clap:

ConstantlyDynamic

i just got my steamer like last week so now i dc with it for about an hour. yesterday though i dc'ed with a protein treatment for 20-30 min and dc'ed with a silicon mix for the remaining time. before i used to "dc" by leaving conditioner in my hair for like 5 minutes but my hair is so much softer now and it's only been a week:)

SouthernBeauty

I usually dc 30 or more (depending on whether I am lazy or not) with heat. I will do overnight every now and then but I dont care for it too much.

winona

Lately I have been lazy I apply dc use my microwave heat cap which I normally fall asleep in:) So I guess I do it overnight with about 30min heat

Morenita

I can't stand sleeping in a plastic bag, I'm a light sleeper and it disturbs me every time I toss and turn, so I use my heat cap for at least 20 mins (the portable, microwaveable one) and then just leave it in until I feel like washing it out. At least an hour total, usually several.