Votes: 31 11.0%
  • With steam

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 57 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlliCat

More than 30 minutes with heat. I apply the DC from root to tip, then lock in the goodness with a shower cap. If I'm not using my heating cap (which is very likely in the summer) then I'll just leave the DC on for way longer, say 4 hours. Never overnight though.

Sianna

I usually do more than 30 minutes with a plastic bag under a towel. I hate sitting under the dryer!

I think I'm gonna change it up a bit though. I've decided that I'll probably start DC'ing twice a week. 45 minutes on Tues. or Wed and then overnight on Fri or Sat. :yep:

HennaRo

My hair does not like overnight anything-just feels dry and stiff. So I usually dc once a week with just a cap and a scarf on top of that for at least 2hrs at most 4hrs.

SingBrina

I usually do it 15 mins under a hood dryer. But I will change that up to now, 30 mins with a plastic cap and then 15 mins under a dryer. I did this last week and my hair was crazy soft! I used Joico MR

toinette

Tricking the president
15 mins with heat - i just cant sit under the dryer longer than that if it isnt for a rollerset. if i'm not using heat that I do an hour

PJaye

Although I've repeatedly tried it with a hooded dryer and a steamer, I get the best, most consistent results from overnight DC'ing under a plastic cap.

shtow

^^closes the cuticle. If the cuticle stays open you can have damage. Instead of letting it cool I jsut rinse with cold water really quick and then back to warm because I hate cold water lol

sunnieb

Twice a week for 20 minutes with heat. Unintentionally left a DC treatment in for an hour while I did stuff around the house and I definitely could tell the difference! I just don't have the time to do that all the time.