How do you Distinguish NG from Texlaxed hair?

Eluv

I'm newly texlaxed after being natural for 3yrs. I'm 3 months post and just wondering if any of you have a hard time distinguishing ng from texlaxed hair. If so, does it cause a problem when it’s time to get a touch up? I am a slow grower and maybe I do not have that much ng. At this point I have no plans to touch up anytime soon. I Love my hair the way it is and I’m afraid it may get over processed the next touch up.

I’ll upload better pics with my digital camera when I get home from work.

Attachments

• NG.jpg
    NG.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 87
  • PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 73

taz007

Your hair is so very PRETTY! That is exactly how I want my hair to look once I transition to texlaxed.

You will definitely be able to tell the difference between the texlaxed hair and the new growth. What I do to prevent overlapping is to cover the previously relaxed hair with neutralizing shampoo and vaseline.

Eluv

Your hair is so very PRETTY! That is exactly how I want my hair to look once I transition to texlaxed.

You will definitely be able to tell the difference between the texlaxed hair and the new growth. What I do to prevent overlapping is to cover the previously relaxed hair with neutralizing shampoo and vaseline.

Thanks, so basically once I get enough NG you're saying I will definitely be able to tell the difference.

prospurr4

I'm texlaxed and retouch every 3 months. My curl pattern is a TIGHTLY-coiled 4b, so I can see (and feel) where my NG ends and my previously-processed hair begins. And like Taz said, I protect my texlaxed ends....usually with oil and neutralizing shampoo.

supermodelsonya

Yes. My texlaxed hair has a looser pattern where the NG is more coily. If you can't tell yet then maybe you may not have enough to relax yet. I know I don't.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
OP I know what you mean. I'm currently transitioning back to natural and it's hard for me to tell the difference in my NG in the front of my head. The back (from the crown down) in more kinkier so I see a define difference between the two textures, but in the front (from the crown up) it's almost the same texture. I have much finer, softer, and looser curly pattern and it's extremely hard to tell. In some spots it looks exactly the same. The only difference is the parts that I used lye or no-lye relaxer on my very ends on.

Since I'm on a two year transition it's not a big deal now and besides I'm trimming every other month.

Eluv

I'm texlaxed and retouch every 3 months. My curl pattern is a TIGHTLY-coiled 4b, so I can see (and feel) where my NG ends and my previously-processed hair begins. And like Taz said, I protect my texlaxed ends....usually with oil and neutralizing shampoo.

Thanks, now can I have some of your length. I'm starting to get jealous yall have some beautiful hair. I should have at least BSL hair by now.

I have mix textures 4b crown, 3c bangs, and 4a everywhere else.

I can feel a little NG in my crown area only, but of course I can't really see that area in the mirror. I may have to get a professional touch up.

Eluv

OP I know what you mean. I'm currently transitioning back to natural and it's hard for me to tell the difference in my NG in the front of my head. The back (from the crown down) in more kinkier so I see a define difference between the two textures, but in the front (from the crown up) it's almost the same texture. I have much finer, softer, and looser curly pattern and it's extremely hard to tell. In some spots it looks exactly the same. The only difference is the parts that I used lye or no-lye relaxer on my very ends on.

Since I'm on a two year transition it's not a big deal now and besides I'm trimming every other month.

That sounds just like my hair. Maybe I should just transition back to Natural w/o a BC. I never wear my hair down anyway. On the other hand, I hate SSK, heat to avoid SSK, and most of all shrinkage.

Flor

I can tell the difference by the way my hair grows. It looks like I am wearing a thick helmet under my texlaxed hair... if it makes any sense. My NG looks like cheerios.:grin: It took me a while to get it right though. I spend a lot of time protecting my already texlaxed hair... Next time I will be incorporating some of the great advice from Taz007. She does a great job!

prospurr4

Thanks, now can I have some of your length. I'm starting to get jealous yall have some beautiful hair. I should have at least BSL hair by now.

I have mix textures 4b crown, 3c bangs, and 4a everywhere else.

I can feel a little NG in my crown area only, but of course I can't really see that area in the mirror. I may have to get a professional touch up.

You're welcome...and thanks for the compliment! Since your curl pattern is looser than mine, I can see where it might be harder for you to tell the difference between the textures.

I am a DIYer all the way. A potential problem with having a professional do your touchup is that you would not be in control of how straight your hair gets. Maybe you should wait a bit longer until your NG is more obvious.