how do you do an oil rinse?

natural2008

Hello All,
Would it be possible for you to let me know how you do an oil rinse and what should be used? Is it like a cup of oil and a cup of water??? I wash my hair with conditioner and then I deep condition after that. Should I oil rinse after that and then rinse with water?

natural2008

Hello Miss Tress,
I looked at the link that you provided (thanks :spinning:), but it wasn't clear as to if I should use the oil after I co-wash or before since I do not use shampoo? Please clarify.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Natural 2008

Leeda.the.Paladin

From the first page of the other thread:

If you're having problems with tangles try this...
  1. Rinse (or shampoo) your hair
  2. Coat in your favorite oil (I've used olive, jojoba, castor, meadowfoam, dabur alma, and aphogee EFA oil, red palm oil/butter--- my favorite is an amla, castor mix)
  3. Rinse with warm/hot water
  4. Apply conditioner
  5. Rinse with cool/cold water
  6. Apply leave-in
  7. Seal

natural2008

Hello K curly,
I only co-wash my hair so would you recommend me using the oil rinse before I cowash ofter I cowash my hair?

Thank You,
Natural 2008

Leeda.the.Paladin

Hello K curly,
I only co-wash my hair so would you recommend me using the oil rinse before I cowash ofter I cowash my hair?

Thank You,
Natural 2008

Natural, it says rinse OR shampoo and then apply oil, so you don't have to shampoo. I did it after I just rinsed my hair with water, rinsed it out and then cowashed.

jrae

Best method for me (relaxed)...

Oil over the conditioner, you could add heat, then rinse. I use sunflower oil because I have a big bottle anyway for oil pulling. :yep: