How Do You Feel about Anita Grant???

LuvlyRain3

Almost everytime that i log on to LHCF I see an advertisement for Anita Grant products.

I looked through the archives and saw some good things about it but the most recent thread was from 2008.

Well we all know that times change people change and product formulas change (and not always for the best)

There is something about hair products named after food that just makes me :lick::lick::lick:. Anyway is anybody using or has recently used any of these products?

I swear between LHCF and my insatiable PJism Im suprised I ever have any money :lachen:

anita grant is a stand by lady. she doesn't change SQUAT unless she improves it and believe me, nothing she has needs improvement. i've dropped money on her stuff and it never failed me. hell i got the SO hooked on her creamy cafe latte, camellia oil, wheatgerm and carrot cleansing oil...and something else...

i just received my first order from them.
havent used anything except the lipbalm, but it all smells great and the lipbalm is good.
will update once i use something

I'm so tempted to try this, but I've finally got a regimen working, and "if it ain't broke don't fix it," right? Maybe I'll try the lip balm :look:

@D.Lisha - Your sig pic is nice!! Very pretty :yep:

Ok I ve purchased quite a few items from her and I can say some are definitely overpriced (her oils concotions to be precise) and some are worthy like her Cafe Latte butter,it smells of chocolate and coffee which is a turn off as I'm not a big fan of toffee,chocolatey smells on my body or hair and my DH hates the smell of it (Beware the unscented version smells of coffee as it contains coffee oil) ,with all that said I LOVE this product and its def worth buying ,it does what it says ,contains lovely all natural ingredients and its not pricey.
The rhassoul Condish cubes are an excellent product but its just time consuming to melt the cubes,stir,wash the pot ,wait until it cools down etc .. I donno its just a bit too much for someone w a busy schedule and not as appealing as a bottle or a jar of ready made conditioner.Its quite pricey for being a product that you have to pretty much create yourself ,for the amount given the price is too high .
Shampoo Bar Hated it at first then loved it after clarifying ,its the best shampoo bar I ve ever used ,really hard to beat . I think it works better if u use all natural products as it won't remove Cones or any heavy duty gels and pomades .
Babassu Pomade Don't like it ,doesn't hold anything .
Whipped Butter :Great stuff but there are differences between the different scents as some are more nourishing than others .
Unrefined Shea :Good stuff but u can find it around for less of equal quality.
Vanilla Oil :eek: Ok Overpriced and not that great smelling as Faboulous and Luscious her describing of the product is this one is a let down , the Vanilla Coconut doesn't smell of Vanilla or Coconut more of dried wood branches ,the Black Vanilla smells of Black PePper and the Cedarwood is a bit too spicy for my taste .The product comes in bottles of 60 and 100 ml ,it doesn't last long at all maybe 20 pumps for the 60 ml and 30 for the 100ml and you run out .Since a 100ml is approx 16 GBP/24 USD u understand why I think its quite pricey.
Andiroba Oil : went rancid very quickly ,it worked well mixed w my face cream.
Lip Balm The lip balms are good at first but within the first 2 weeks in colder months the parts of cocoa solify making the balm "grainy" so u end up having bits of "stuff" on your lips ,a cooworker noticed that aswell ..
Whipped Coconut Butter :I bought this for a friend and said it Smells a bit rancid ,I personally like it a lot ,I don't have anything negative to say about it .:)
Camelia Oil :Lovely light absorbing oil ,Great to use after the shower on skin and hair

Overall i think her products are good quality and she s very knowledgable about natural ingredients,she has a very Appealing way to present her products that i find at times a bit "over the top" ,but then if i had a product line i would probably do the same.

Shipping :Depends on where you are; I find it reasonable .
Shipping Times :Looong Based on my experience and others takes about a week to ship to Uk and 14/20 days to US.

Customer Service :Good

This is my honest opinion ,I still support this sista cuz she puts a real effort in creating her products and she always aim to good quality .

Last edited:
ooooh, Anita Grant. I will have to try her products.

I'm at her website right now looking at the rassoul deep condish with says: DO NOT EAT!!....
good thing she put that because I would've probably ate it if I didnt know what it was :lol:

Last edited:
Almost everytime that i log on to LHCF I see an advertisement for Anita Grant products.

I looked through the archives and saw some good things about it but the most recent thread was from 2008.

Well we all know that times change people change and product formulas change (and not always for the best)

There is something about hair products named after food that just makes me :lick::lick::lick:. Anyway is anybody using or has recently used any of these products?

I swear between LHCF and my insatiable PJism Im suprised I ever have any money :lachen:

I haven't used her products but I know that she used to post in nappturality.com. She is very knowledgeable about beauty recipes. As far as I know her products are handmade and she was always sourcing for new and "exotic" ingredients. So as far as that type of thing goes you can pay less you don't come close to the level of quality.

ooooh, Anita Grant. I will have to try her products.

I'm at her website right now looking at the rassoul deep condish with says: DO NOT EAT!!....
good thing she put that because I would've probably ate it if I didnt know what it was :lol:

There was some type of hair cream called lemon sponge cake :lick:. This is always how they get me.

Her products are great and, for me, well worth the price. I usually order the whipped butter, rhassoul and creamy cafe latte. I recently placed another order during the free shipping promotion.

Is shipping to the US really that bad? I really dont mind spending the money if the products contribute to the health of my hair

Ok I ve purchased quite a few items from her and I can say some are definitely overpriced (her oils concotions to be precise) and some are worthy like her Cafe Latte butter,it smells of chocolate and coffee which is a turn off as I'm not a big fan of toffee,chocolatey smells on my body or hair and my DH hates the smell of it (Beware the unscented version smells of coffee as it contains coffee oil) ,with all that said I LOVE this product and its def worth buying ,it does what it says ,contains lovely all natural ingredients and its not pricey.
The rhassoul Condish cubes are an excellent product but its just time consuming to melt the cubes,stir,wash the pot ,wait until it cools down etc .. I donno its just a bit too much for someone w a busy schedule and not as appealing as a bottle or a jar of ready made conditioner.Its quite pricey for being a product that you have to pretty much create yourself ,for the amount given the price is too high .
Shampoo Bar Hated it at first then loved it after clarifying ,its the best shampoo bar I ve ever used ,really hard to beat . I think it works better if u use all natural products as it won't remove Cones or any heavy duty gels and pomades .
Babassu Pomade Don't like it ,doesn't hold anything .
Whipped Butter :Great stuff but there are differences between the different scents as some are more nourishing than others .
Unrefined Shea :Good stuff but u can find it around for less of equal quality.
Vanilla Oil :eek: Ok Overpriced and not that great smelling as Faboulous and Luscious her describing of the product is this one is a let down , the Vanilla Coconut doesn't smell of Vanilla or Coconut more of dried wood branches ,the Black Vanilla smells of Black PePper and the Cedarwood is a bit too spicy for my taste .The product comes in bottles of 60 and 100 ml ,it doesn't last long at all maybe 20 pumps for the 60 ml and 30 for the 100ml and you run out .Since a 100ml is approx 16 GBP/24 USD u understand why I think its quite pricey.
Andiroba Oil : went rancid very quickly ,it worked well mixed w my face cream.
Lip Balm The lip balms are good at first but within the first 2 weeks in colder months the parts of cocoa solify making the balm "grainy" so u end up having bits of "stuff" on your lips ,a cooworker noticed that aswell ..
Whipped Coconut Butter :I bought this for a friend and said it Smells a bit rancid ,I personally like it a lot ,I don't have anything negative to say about it .:)
Camelia Oil :Lovely light absorbing oil ,Great to use after the shower on skin and hair

Overall i think her products are good quality and she s very knowledgable about natural ingredients,she has a very Appealing way to present her products that i find at times a bit "over the top" ,but then if i had a product line i would probably do the same.

Shipping :Depends on where you are; I find it reasonable .
Shipping Times :Looong Based on my experience and others takes about a week to ship to Uk and 14/20 days to US.

Customer Service :Good

This is my honest opinion ,I still support this sista cuz she puts a real effort in creating her products and she always aim to good quality .

Thanks for the detailed review. Some of these products sound really good.

I used some of her stuff when it first came out, but I was so angry by how much I had to pay for shipping and NOT getting it in time when I paid for PRIORITY shipping for IN STOCK items that I can't remember if I liked them. I was so turned off by the experience.

I do know that I didn't finish anything for what's that worth.

I'm not ordering hair products from overseas anymore when quality stuff is made right here state side. I only like Qhemet and Carols Daughter Healthy Hair Butter as far as "natural" products go.

Thankfully, Qhem is now found in LA and I don't have to order my favorite products anymore.

There was some type of hair cream called lemon sponge cake :lick:. This is always how they get me.

her whipped hair butters. GOD i can use her whipped butters and the pomade together and i swear, there has never been a combo that made my hair so damned shiny, it was insane. and i only need little bits of it.

her whipped hair butters. GOD i can use her whipped butters and the pomade together and i swear, there has never been a combo that made my hair so damned shiny, it was insane. and i only need little bits of it.

I know I am going to end up buying something. I can only resist for so long :wallbash:

Whipped butters: lemon sponge cake, I was shocked as I just expected it to smell lemony but it really does smell like lemon sponge cake :lick:. The monoi de tahiti whipped butter smells gorgeous also. I have not tried the other scents but my friend ordered the lavender and sandalwood and that smells divine.

Rhassoul condish is fabulous, left my hair feeling very nourished and tangle free. I just used it with boiling water or infused water and would add a little bit of oil to the concoction.

Shampoo bar - unfortunately did not work for me as it left a film on my scalp. I have not tried any other shampoo bars but will do sometime to see if they work for me at all

Lippy pucker in dark chocolate - I adore this and I have enough of these to last me until the end of 2011 at least. I recently ordered the espresso to try also and this is good also

For my face, I use Papaya oil - lovely and light and is perfect for summer, during the autumn/winter I switch to the camellia kissi oil. I have tried the organic rose and sandalwood facial oil and that is gorgeous, I have a little bit left and will probably use that up over the next few weeks.

I recently ordered some samples and one of them was the cafe latte with vanilla :lick::lick::lick: absolutely love this and will definitely order the full size sometime.

Jasmine and Rose body oil - I ordered a sample of this and love the smell of this as I adore Jasmine. I could not really smell the rose though. It felt lovely on my skin.

In the past, I also tried several other samples such as the carrot and wheatgerm cleaning soil, Amaretto di Cupuaçu, shea and sapote butter, vanilla rose body oil, sapote castor hair oil and more and have been very happy with them

I also have a sample of the coconut and rosewood oil but I plan to use this as a perfume oil. My friend loved this for her face but to me it smells quite strong so I will use it as a perfume oil

Cassia - I ordered a sample of this recently and plan to use it soon

Customer service is really good

I've thought about buying something but I can't buy her stuff on the regular. Shipping is too much!

Back