How Do You Guys Get Your Hair To Grow So Long?

scarcity21

Ahem, here goes my best attempt:

Sulfate free shampoos: I found that this was a step in my regi that I didn't know I needed. My hair is much better for it.

Deep conditioner: A couple things here. Please find a quality DC. I have a couple professional brands I swear by. Let me know if you need a recommendation :look: I spend the most money on my products here.

Also, leave it on for a few minutes. Deep conditioning for the length of a shower will not do enough for most. Atleast it won't do anything for me. Plus my conditioner costs too much to wash out that quick :giggle:

Protein treatments: Absolutely necessary with relaxed hair. Finding the frequency and strength your hair needs is totally trial and error. Start with the lowest strength with a low frequency. Experimenting in reverse is dangerous :nono:

I'll be back later with more.
@SuchaLady ... Can u recommend good quality Deep conditioners?

SuchaLady

@SuchaLady ... Can u recommend good quality Deep conditioners?

@scarcity21 Yes absolutely. I've tried all of these. They may be pricey considering what you normally buy but I only use professional salon brands.

Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (just start here to be honest)
Sebastian Drench
Mizani Moisturefuse
Nexxus Humectress (this didn't do all that much for my hair but people here love it)
Aubrey Organic Honey Suckle Rose
Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner
Kenra Moisturizing conditioner
Matrix Biolage was a nice light one that could be used as cowash if you cowash. I wouldn't recommend it as a DC though

Brands that I've researched and will likely try this year:

Pureology
Redken
It's A 10 Hair Mask
KeraCare (not new just haven't gotten around to it yet)

TeeMBL

Lurker
AVJ for moisture, prepoo, detangling, etc.
loooong stretches
protective styles
very little manipulation (I try to wear the same hairstyle between washes)
no brushes
no dry combing
washing in braids
deep conditioning every week
JBCO to seal ends
no heat (I flatironed last weekend just to length-check and trim....prior to that i flatironed for my bday in November)
air-dry
wear scarf while home
no new friends (products)
KSS