How do you know which Phyto is Right for You?

virgo_chinwe

I want my hair to be bone straight but not bone straight to the point it has no body. I have 4a/b hair type...I am currently completely natural and my nautral hair is decently thick but I worried that once I apply a relaxer again I will lose the thickness I have now. I guess the question really boils down to----is bone straight really the best alternative to not completely bone straight?? What are the cons/pros to bone straight and not bone straight? Also, since Im natural do you recommend going to a professional for my first treatment of phyto

sprungonhairboards

I wouldn't recommend anyone process their hair 'bone strait' for various reasons, especially if you want to retain thickness. But if that's what you ultimately want, I don't think you're gonna get it with Phyto. It's very mild and most people that use index 2 like it because it doesn't process bone strait even if you try to.

simone103

I used index 2 and have 4b coarse hair and it got my hair bone straight which is what I prefer. I think bone straight vs non bone straight is probably more of a preference thing. If you're not experienced at self-relaxing then it probably would be a good idea to go to a professional to get your hair relaxed.

sprungonhairboards

simone103 said:
I used index 2 and have 4b coarse hair and it got my hair bone straight which is what I prefer. I think bone straight vs non bone straight is probably more of a preference thing. If you're not experienced at self-relaxing then it probably would be a good idea to go to a professional to get your hair relaxed.

Wow you're the 1st person I've ever heard say Phyto got their hair bone straight! That's good to know.

MissYocairis

I just switched to Phyto I from Phyto II and I'm very pleased. I did Phyto II for a year and I'm 3c/4a. I used to purposely rinse it earlier or spend less time "smoothing" cause I wanted to retain SOME body and some thickness. There was one time when I did Index II at prescribed time and spent a lot of time smoothing and it turned out bone straight. Now, with Phyto I....I spend the prescribed amount of time, do a lot of smoothing, and it comes out with a slight wave pattern to it....very slight. I like it. I'm pleased.

candita

sprungonhairboards said:
Wow you're the 1st person I've ever heard say Phyto got their hair bone straight! That's good to know.

Phyto actually got my hair bone straight too. At first I thought I underprocessed it because it still had some body, but nope I had straightness and body! I was stunned! :)

amara11

Sprungonhairboards, your hair is gorgeous in your avatar pic! You say that you're texturixed w/ Phyto index 1? What was your hair type before and after, do you get it done professionally, and if not, how long does the process take [from applying to working thru (or not) to rinsing out]? Sorry to badger you w/ all the questions:perplexed

sprungonhairboards

amara11 said:
Sprungonhairboards, your hair is gorgeous in your avatar pic! You say that you're texturixed w/ Phyto index 1? What was your hair type before and after, do you get it done professionally, and if not, how long does the process take [from applying to working thru (or not) to rinsing out]? Sorry to badger you w/ all the questions:perplexed

Hi thanks,

My hair is 4a. I do it myself. I was 100% natural when I first texturized so it took about 2 hours from start to finish. I did it sections (back then front) to make sure it processed evenly. Retouches take about an hour. I've only retouched twice in a year and a half.

Nina_deF

I use index 2 and my hair gets bone straight with lots of body, even if I airdry.
I really wished that I would've used index 1 from the beginning since there isn't a curl nor wave in sight except on the ends where there is still some Motions relaxer left.

Arcadian

I still don't get totally bone straight, and I'm 4- something.

I even go over a little sometimes on time. It does make my hair straight but not dead and lifeless (does not go all the way to bone straight thats for sure!) I always have some wave left.

But my hair is going through some really interesting changes in the last year (my strands are getting crazy thick) So that may have more to do with it than anything. I'm seeing more bigger and thicker strands than I am of my normal fine ones.

-A

Imani

My last relaxer i relaxed with index 2 (i'm a medium thick 4B- thin strands but lots of them for the most part) and my hair was not bone straight in most places. In fact at the very top where all my thick hair is, it almost didn't feel like i relaxed at all (this part is always hard to process):eek: . Its like, my hair LOOKED straight and a comb could get thru it fairly well, but if you touched it, it still had little crinkles in it. I think next time i use it, i will get my beautician to do the thicker section first.

However, I think i wouldn't mind even more texture left in my hair, bc i like really thick hair. so, i am considering trying index 1. Any 4Bs using index 1????