how do you oil your scalp

lurkersincejan

im just curious as to how you oil your scalp because i know oil can get messy. I want to start applying this to my regimen but not sure how i should do it or how often. my scalp tend to be very dry so i need to start using oils and maybe massages. Also do you use this same oil for your ends as well.
Thanks

I think im wording it wrong, like how exactly do you oil it? with oil in a spray bottle? do you pour it on your hands and just massage it in? like how exactly do you do it, im thinking maybe an applicator bottle would be good

Last edited:

KrimsonKween

I use evoo 2x daily. That is becasue I have bleached honey blonde hair and it gets really dry. I rub it in my hands and then on my head, but I also pour it all over my head with my condish and let it sit for about 30 mintues to and hour and I use a plastic cap. I do this 3 to four times a week. It has really helped my dry scalp. (I don't use any heat I am natural)

I hope this helped.

InnerSoul

Now I don't oil my hair, not the scalp but I am sure some of it gets on my scalp though. When I was a self relaxer, I would massage some peppermint oil onto my scalp to relieve those darn itchies after relaxing. So massaging(using fingertips) is the way I did it back then.

Evazhair

I oil my scalp the day after I rollerset. If I use a pomade (w/o mineral oil or petroleum), I part with my fingers and sparingly apply only to scalp. If I use oils, I like to mix them with some aloe vera gel so the oil will stay on my scalp and not get my whole head greasy. I use a different oil mixture on my ends very lightly and not always every day.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I put my oils into a bottle with an applicator tip, and I just randomly stick the tip of the bottle onto my scalp and put little drops of oil all over my head. Then I massage it in with my fingertips for a minute or two.

I only put a few drops of oil around my head so I won't use too much and have oil running down my face and neck. I'm very heavy handed with products, and this helps a lot :yep:

Qualitee

I always wondered does oil moisturize your scalp? If oil cant moisturize your hair how can it moisturize your scalp? Wont you have to use a scalp moisturizer? I do hot oil treatments all the time and after3-4 days my scalp is really dry. But when I use butters it never gets like that:ohwell: