How do you shampoo? Shower vs. sink

kedra70

Hello all -

I have a question - I was wondering how you shampoo - sink or shower? I shampoo in the shower but was considering shampooing in the sink. In 2005, I want to pay more attention to my edges and I think by shampooing in the sink, I'll be able to apply my treatments better. Please give me the pros and cons of shampooing in the sink.

Thanks!

Angelicus

My hair tangled too much when I did it in the sink! I lost so much hair. Just do what works for you, though.

browneyeshyne

I shampoo in the sink so I can see what i'm doing in the mirror. I use a shampoo that lathers alot and squeeze excess water to minimize drips on the floor and to detangle. To prevent tangles, i stand up straight, shampoo my scalp first then work the shampoo down the length of my hair. It's all vertical-no drips and no tangles! :)

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I do it in the shower...though my mother does it in the sink and when I was younger, she washed my hair in the sink. When my friends used to wash my hair, they would put my head in the tub...lol. Fo me, the best way is in the shower with a hair catcher in the drain so as to prevent cloggage. you can get those nifty gadgets at Home Depot

tropicexotic

free @ last
Shower for me, but I'm home from college for winter break and the shower head is broken so I've been using the pipe in the tub instead like a sink almost...and I haven't really had any problems (I like the shower 10x better than bending over to wash my hair though).

kedra70

Thanks everyone for all your replies - I will probably continue to wash my hair in the shower. Ugh - looks like I will continue to get in and out of the shower to do all of my treatments. ::sigh:: We ladies go through so much to have healthy hair.

Isis

I love doing it in the shower! It's easier to detangle with the force of water raining down on my head as I use a wide tooth comb.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I wash in the shower. I noticed the longer my hair gets the easier it tangles. The only time I wash in the sink is when I do my own touch ups. I rinse the relaxer out in the sink and the jump in the shower to neutalize and condition.

msmerc

I do my main shampoo in the shower and dry off. I then condition and rinse either in the sink, or over the tub using my shower massage with the long removable shower head.

candibaby

I shampoo in the sink simply because that's the way I've always done it, but when I get farther into my transition I will start doing it in the shower.

yokourt

I bought a shower head from Walmart for about $9.00 and it's a hand held, this works great for me. It's a big help when I wash my daughter's hair too. Now her neck doesn't hurt from leaning back in the tub.

Texas ladies our meeting is in HOUSTON January 15th 2005!!

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I use the shower, especially since I have a shower filter. I get wayyy too many tangles in the sink, especially way into pre-touchup time.

TigerLily

dannie_19 said:
Sink=Tangles & Sore Neck
DITTO!!! Not to mention a sore back - OUCH!!!

When I used to wash my hair in the sink, my hair would always wrap around the sink drain thingy! When I would lift my head, I would always have it attached to my hair, like a hair accessory!!! :p

AudraChanell

My hair LOVES (and I PREFER) the ease of a shower shampoo but my dry skin hates my deep conditions. I shampoo in the sink 80% of the time because I always deep condition/hot oil for 20-30 mins (most times under a dryer) and would have to get back in the shower and then reapply lotion. I learned early on how to prevent terrible tangles while sink washing by detangling with my head down. I then rollerset from back to front.

inthepink

I shampoo in the shower. From my shower, I can see myself in my medicine cabinet mirror. You can also buy fog free showers for your shower so that you can see your hair better for applying treatments.

Doll

I like shampooing in the sink because it keeps the products out of my eyes and with contact lenses that is very important (learned my lesson! :eek: ).

Lindy

Sink for me... I do deep conditions with heat for my protein and regular conditioners... That would be too much jumping in and out of the shower for me... occasionally I do get into the shower to do my last rinse out, but not always. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of trouble with tangles.