(silly ? but) Do u wash your hair in the shower or sink?

southerncitygirl

mostly shower but if i do a hardcore protein treatment i wash and rinse the treatment in the kitchen sink then i hop in the shower to condition ( i don't dc after my protein treatment, aubrey's applied to my hair and rinsed is more than enough for me)

Amoreofcurls

Ughh at the thought of going in and out the shower...I get too comfy in showers zone out and take long so that's a no no for me :lol:

When oil rinsing I do it all in the shower...Though I wanna try shampooing and applying the oil at the sink because im sick of getting oil in the tub...

For DCing, I cant do it all in the shower because i'm a dry DCer...

I bend over by the edge of the tub and wash my hair under the faucet...I wash in two sections, and when rinsing I make sure the hair is going in one direction to prevent tangles, even though the pressure of the water wouldn't make my hair tangle anyway...I wring my hair out, let it dry with a shirt for a while, then apply my DC.

I rinse my DC out in the shower and follow it with a ACV rinse...

Last edited:

greenandchic

Both

Shower
If I'm just doing a simple cowash or shampoo and condition.

Sink
Rinse out henna treatments.
Oil rinse (don't want to break my neck in the shower).

nlaguins

I use the sink. I'm more focused on getting my scalp clean and less focused on how much water I'm wasting.

greenandchic

People wash there hair in the sink? That's bizarre to me ... Shower all day every day.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GT-I9000

That's how my mother used to wash my hair as a kid. I would stand on a small step ladder and she would shampoo and condition my hair. There was really no other efficient way to do it.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I pretty much only wash in the shower.

I only use the sink for tea rinses and co washing right after the tea rinse. This way I don't have to hop in and out of the shower.

MaraWithLove

I use both, but the sink more. I like using the shower if I'm co-washing or doing a wng. I kinda have always been a person who hated getting my face wet in the shower so I'd avoid that lol. I don't usually get tangles either way-what is it about the sink that makes some peoples' hair tangle easily? Maybe it's because my hair is between 4-6 inches that I don't encounter this? I have no clue lol but I'm glad so far.

greenandchic

I use both, but the sink more. I like using the shower if I'm co-washing or doing a wng. I kinda have always been a person who hated getting my face wet in the shower so I'd avoid that lol. I don't usually get tangles either way-what is it about the sink that makes some peoples' hair tangle easily? Maybe it's because my hair is between 4-6 inches that I don't encounter this? I have no clue lol but I'm glad so far.

I think for some people its the having to go upside down and back again. My hair is almost BSL and I don't have that issue, but I wash and condition in sections. I guess if my hair was waist or hip length, it may be more of a challenge.

Jewell

Only time I did sink was when relaxed and had to rinse caustic chemicals out...don't want that all over your body in the shower. Now I only do the shower cuz it is difficult to flip my hair forward to wash, then lay it down properly. Shower washing is more convenient for me unless I have a DC or treatment to do that involves the hooded dryer. I shower wash exclusively.

PinkGirlFluff

I was ok with using the sink until my TWA starting getting bigger. Now it's just too much hair to try and clean while leaning over the sink. My back thanks me for not doing that anymore.

faithVA

I use the sink most of the time. I only use the shower when I am on my last step and planning on showering. I tried the shower when I first joined LHCf but it seemed to take forever, was a pain getting in and out and it didn't seem to help me any.

Sometimes I wash my hair loose and sometimes I put in barrettes to keep it separated. My hair is SL. Maybe its not long enough to tangle badly. Its definitely not long enough to put into twist or braids to shampoo.

Maybe when my twists are longer, I may try the shower but for right now the sink is just easier and more convenient.

Lucia

If I'm doing several DC treatments in one day then I kneel by the shower then final rinse out in the shower but I don't do that anymore cause that's a long, long wash day.
Usually I oil or DC on dry hair before and hop in the shower. I save tons of time that way and no tangle from flipping my hair forward and back again.