Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Dry, with hair is ponytails

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don't believe in trimming

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
There was a problem earlier around 11:50 posting with a poll so I hope this work now: :crossfingers:

Last night was the first time I trimmed my hair in about 6 months and so happy that I did. I trim my hair like this:

I made 10 small equal sized parts and put them in a ponytail on dry hair. This was easier for me to see the back of my hair, and have better control over evenness.

I was wondering does anyone do the same or something different.

I used to dust on my own but once my hair became significantly longer, I couldn't really see what I was doing anymore. However, when I used to dust, I would start at the left and work my way around to the right side of my head. My last trim was May 30 at a Supercuts type place. I still don't think I need a trim yet, and I was considering asking if they had someone there who could help with dusting.

Since joining LHCF I now dust my hair dry in several sections instead of a trim. I use professional shears and dust my layers. I have layers so I really have no choice.

a combo of ponytails/loose...lol

I trim in small sections, then ponytail after so i don't re-trim that section...
then, i part from the back and clean up my layers... finally... I make the back blunt...

by trimming in small sections, i could actually skip steps 2 and 3,bc it evens everything up nicely.... but i love blunt ends and clean layers:)

This is one thing I leave to the "professionals". I have tried on numerous occasions but when it comes to trimming, I need someone else. Nothing like a good trim!

I will be trying this in like 2 weeks and I will use Lavendar's method with the ponytails.

a combo of ponytails/loose...lol

I trim in small sections, then ponytail after so i don't re-trim that section...
then, i part from the back and clean up my layers... finally... I make the back blunt...

by trimming in small sections, i could actually skip steps 2 and 3,bc it evens everything up nicely.... but i love blunt ends and clean layers:)
Me 2!!:yep::yep:

Mine is almost full SL so its a bit harder 2 get the back but I just go slow in small sections starting with the front.

I like 2 dust on clean straight blow-dried hair, right before I flat-iron it.

I slide my fingers down each section to feel for splits, snip 'em and then clip the end. I usually do 1/4 inch every 3wks sometimes 2wks:blush::blush:...I got OCD with the ends lol so I have to resist picking up the scissors every week!! I just looooovvvee clean fresh ends!

I guess if I clipped less I would have more length retention but I have noticed such a difference in the health of my hair since trimming more frequently. Plus I heat style every week so I need to keep my ends in optimal condition. It also allows me to not have to moisturize. Lastly, I'm transitioning to natural so this is helping me get rid of my relaxed ends bit by bit

Back