How do you wear your hair to bed?

daviine

I usually put my hair in a ponytail but last night wondered if this was stressful to the hair. Other times I wear it out under my cap.

What do you do to your hair before going to bed?

Thanks...

pebbles

Hi Daviine,
I usually pin my hairup and put my satin cap on. I would wrap my hair, but I'm not good at it. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase in case my cap comes off; (it usually does.) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

I wrap my hair, put a satin scarf on and off to bed. I've master the dry wrap and keeping the scarf on my head /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

I alternate between a dry wrap and a ponytail followed always by a satin cap or scarf. I have a satin pillow case also. I can't sleep if I don't do one or the other. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
daviine,
So glad you asked! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I actually wear a showercap on my head at night to make sure it stays moistened through the night. Nothing worse than waking up with brillo pad head!! I also douse it with water and a healthy slap of shea butter. Throughout the next day, my hair is filled with shiny, soft locks.

Crysdon

I roll the top of my hair with 5 magnetic rollers and dry wrap the rest around my head. This will make your style last all week. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

babyblue

I usually wrap my hair and tie my satin scarf on it before i sleep. If im too lazy to wrap i'll just make one braid or bun in the back and pin it up and put on my scarf. Its so annoying though, nearly every morning i always wake up with my scarf laying next to me on the pillow. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Tara

I just got it cornrowed the other day, so I'm doing the baggie thing on the ends. Then I just put on my silk scarf.

carmella25

I usually put my in a pony tail and put hair oil and conditioner on my ends. Then I put it in a bun and put plastic wrap around my bun the I tie my scarf around my head. <font color="pink"> </font color>

henrilou

I cannot sleep until i have dry-wrapped my hair. I use a do-rag instead of a scarf, cuz it stays on better. Even if I take a nap I put the do-rag on (over a simple ponytail). I cannot get comfortable with out my hair being safe...

Lita

I wear my hair in a loose bun then put my silk scarf on. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

adrienne0914

i just take off the drawstring ponytail, and put my scarf over the bun. i have to clip it on to make it stay put.

adrienne

summer

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I cannot sleep until i have dry-wrapped my hair. I use a do-rag instead of a scarf, cuz it stays on better. Even if I take a nap I put the do-rag on (over a simple ponytail). I cannot get comfortable with out my hair being safe...

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. i usually oil the ends then wrap and tie with a satin scarf.

MissM

I can't sleep either until I do my dry wrap with the ends oiled. Sometimes I will sleep with a bun on the top of my head to give me a break every now and then. But my hair has been much healthier with the dry wrap.

NYCchild

I usually oil tha ends with jojoba oil after i massage some shea butter thru the whole hair, then wrap it with about 20 hair pins /images/graemlins/crazy.gif and tie with a satin scarf.

Terri

LondonDiva

I pin my hair up and put on a satin doo rag or satin scarf. I don't care how tired I am I always make sure my hair is covered. My styles last longer this way

H

HoneyRockette

I just put a satin scarf over my hair however it is before I go to bed. Sometimes the scarf even stays on the whole night! I have braids now so it doesn't slide off as easily.

CHOCOLATECHILD

currently I've been wearing a satin bonnet. I also have a satin pillow case that I sleep on (just in case I have a crazy dream and the bonnet comes off) or I wear a silk scarf.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Until I started checking out hair discussion groups about a year ago, I wore a blue cotton 'kercheif' tied Aunt Jemima style around my head for YEARS. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I have a permanent bruise in the middle of my forehead from the knot in the front! Gimme a little credit--my mom and aunt cut the crotch out old panties and wore that on their heads!
I usually just turn a satin slumber cap inside out (to keep the elastic off my hair line) and wear that to bed.
So sexy... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
If I'm wearing my fake afro puff, I'll gel my hair into position and tie a long rectangular shaped scarf around my head. I like this scarf because it's made out of a silky, stretchy pantyhose type fabric. I got it from Wal-mart for $1.84. I like it better than the 100% polyester or satin ones--it doesn't slide off my head ten minutes later.

Tracy

Lately I've been using a trick Caramela mentioned...

Taking my length and gently twisting it around itself until it forms a large pin curl (or bun type thingy) and then moisturizing and applying an alcohol free gel to my edges to help them lay down...

Then I tie the edges with a silky, long, rectangular shaped scarf and hit the sack!

It's really been helping me eliminate heat - because my hair is either in a ready made bun that I only have to neaten a little with a brush or is ready to be taken down for a nice curly ponytail in the AM. So I get my protective/no contact style and I get to eliminate heat. I also am able to move away from wrapping so much with this - which was another goal I had.

Sunshine

How do you keep a satin scarf on your head while sleeping? I would need a chin strap! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

sweetcocoa

I've noticed since I started using a satin pillow case...the satin cap and also my scarfs stay on much better. I picked this tip up along time ago on one of the previous forums.